Introduce yourself

Try this one: https://playcanv.as/p/BAuoCOx6/ also if you need help with coding try khanacademy: or codecademy

1 Like

Those 2 are great but the main problem is that its too outdated
I would recommend Tutorials point because itā€™s up to date. very useful for 100+ languages. Uses a Built-in IDE for practice. Teaches you step by step on how to set up your language for your computer. Etc
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/

Plus itā€™s free. an account is required for some things like a Q&A

2 Likes

Nice! havent heard of this one yet thanks for telling us! Btw can you help with something? or are you busy?goto this topic if you can @SHADOWELITE7

1 Like

very busy atm. my javascript skills arenā€™t as strong as they used to be.

1 Like

Hello, iā€™m javad, server side programmer (node.js\php) trying to get experience about the UDP and realtime game server ( also everythings about a game can do in backend :smiley: ).
my last work and projects : (github)

1 Like

Hi ļ¼Œmy name is MarkoZivkovicand l am 33 year old male- Originally from Mexico, living in Orange County, California.I want to improve my memory to achieve career goals, manage information to make better decisions.
My goal is to learn the skills for work.

Hello World, I have been coding 30 years and am refactoring the code to be ES6 using the class keyword I love.

I am into writing games from scratch & have my own growing vector math library in ES6 style.

I want to hand code a chess game & have Blackjack working & a version of Asteroids not running yet. I am a full time student going to LATTC Los Angeles Trade Tech. majoring in Computer Info.

I donā€™t use the PlayCanvas Editor yet as I am working on my own code for a game engine. I plan to use the Editor when it goes offline or write my own in time.

I love the Bullet Physics & would like to get an un minified version of the source code to study & take math from to add to my growing library. I see no Open Source ES6 engines, why is that?

I suppose the game engine people want it to run on old platforms but I am writing for the future which is ES6.

Sincerely Jim

1 Like

The Ammo.js physics is a compiled C++ code from Bullet using emscripten. So the ā€˜unminifiedā€™ code actually be the C++ original. https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3

ES6 is not widely supported in the browser which may explain why long running engines havenā€™t moved on from ES5.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m also a web developer and new to PlayCanvas. Can I ask for good documentation or a tutorial how to learn. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Well, you should be able to use the official docs provided by PlayCanvas. If you have any questions, you can just ask on the forum.

Hi guys!

Iā€™m part of a team of developers making educational games for the Belgain market.
Our projects need increasing availability and reach, so currently weā€™re investigating if PlayCanvas is a good fit for us.

So far weā€™re quite happy with the toolset. Itā€™s quite impressive. This community seems very nice.
If we do decide to use PlayCanvas for our next project, we would be glad to be part of this community!

5 Likes

Well, PlayCanvas should be a great tool if you want to make Online Educational Games.

1 Like

lol then I met you

1 Like

Yeah playcanvas is good for any type of games mobile games,console games,even pc games obviously lol.Also playcanvas is really good for multtiplayer games,playcanvas has everything you need to make a game with whatever you put to your mind unless you use all your storage lol which is why Iā€™m trying to get them to increase the storage lol.

1 Like

Hello everyone! Iā€™m Andrew. Iā€™m currently at a bootcamp for web development. I like playing games but I LOVE watching cut scenes and in game animation.

I canā€™t wait to check out the amazing games you all are creating.

2 Likes

Well your at the right place

1 Like

Hello everyone!

Iā€™m a professional programmer based in New Zealand. used to Unity but have been experimenting with PlayCanvas a lot!

So far it has lots of nice additions that I like but seems to lack videos on youtube for help. (Which iā€™ll be assisting with as i learn more :wink: )

1 Like

Welcome @jamesgames! If you do start making YouTube tutorials, please feel free to link to them on the PlayCanvas ā€˜Awesome Listā€™:

Iā€™m sure the community would be hugely appreciative! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Will!
I created a tutorial last weekend and am looking to do one this weekend too. (See Here)
I Created a pull request on awesome-playcanvas with a link to my playlist too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone,

translated to english, Iā€™d be Georg. Iā€™m making games for more than 40 years, Starting with board- and cardgames. Getting my first computer in the early 80ths, I made a few viedeo games additionaly. During univerity I was very intersted in game theory. Than I mostly designed maps and mods for our favourite games for the next LAN party. For 2 years I was running my own card game company. Last game I wrote back at the start of the century with AGS (Adventure Game Studio) and now to learn the engine my little Postman game. As a mechanical engineer I do 3D design all the time.
Next Iā€™ll do a small new year eve game for a contest on a popular game forum.
Iā€™m planing to make a f2p game with playcanvas next year. (if my wife allows me :-)).
Youā€™ll have to grow animal like creatures of 3 gender (elephant, bird, turtle) compete against each other an trade resources, and develop your placeā€¦ nothing new so far?
The basic idea is that each Animal has a kind of DNA, you meet another player from another gender (for example Bird and turtle) and both player get a elephant-egg to hatch of combined DNA. So you can breed stronger, faster and better animals for the Tounaments. ( I Like the Hogs game, verry much, so I would like to make an arena this style, games like last man standing with waterbombs, collecting more nuts than the enemy in 5 minutes, a.s.o)
sorry for spaming,Sometimes Iā€™m overexited

3 Likes