Introduce yourself

Hey,

I’m Matt, and I’m Lead Tech Artist at Ninja Theory Been in the games industry for 17 years, started out as an animator and now do a bunch of stuff mainly around character set up, facial/body anim/deformation systems, motion capture pipelines, tool development using Python for Maya (our main authoring package).

Found PlayCanvas as a teaching resource for a local code club I’m involved in, having a lot of fun playing around with it!

2 Likes

Hi @matts! Welcome to the PlayCanvas community. :slight_smile: I actually know Nina, Mike and Tameem from when they formed Just Add Monsters (they used RenderWare at the time and I was their contact at Criterion Software). Ninja Theory really is a superb studio! Really keen to see what you create in PlayCanvas. Would love to get your feedback on how we can make it better too!

Wow really is a small world, Kung Fu Chaos was my first job! Still can’t listen to Everyone Loves Kung Fu Fighting… Did a bit pre-production on Heavenly Sword before doing a stint at Sony & Guerrilla, then came back to NT as Enslaved was ramping up.
Good times!

1 Like

Hi! I’m Gabriel from Argentina.
I’m developer and partner at CodingMonkey. I come to playcanvas to make interactive Arch Viz for web!

Regards =)

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Marc, also known as Omniscient22 online. I own a 3D product configurator development company in Minneapolis. I’m not formally a programmer, but work closely with our programmers and modelers.

Looking forward to using PlayCanvas to bring new projects to life.

Hi @omniscient22 - welcome! If you are interested to see some already published PlayCanvas-powered product configurators, check out:

Might provide you with some inspiration! :smile:

Hi,
I just joined, I’m somewhat of a beginner with code, I used to use Flash a lot and was so disappointed when it dissolved. I think SCG combined with JS could get me what I want but much harder for me. I saw Flash as the Visual Basic of CSS/JS/SVG.
My first goal is to make a face with SVG parts that moved independantly with device tilting. Let’s say we tilt it to the left and the left eye closes, animated as opposed to instant, tilt forward and mouth opens, tilt right and the nose gets big, tilt back and the face changes color, turn and combos of all effects. I have not seen anything like this of all the neat effects I have found. I just discovered my new HP Spectre laptop has an accelerometer so I really want to play with the 3D controls. I’m a big fan of threejs and play with the code they make.
Anyone have a demo of accelerometer controlling SVG? Thanks much!
R.L Hamm

Hey, and welcome!

This game is using the accelerometer to control the rocket on supported browsers/devices:

Hi,
Thanks for replying, I had mixed luck with that game, this is what I tried:
HP Spectre (yes, it has an accelerometer) Windows 10 Chrome, the scene loads with rocket but won’t play, instructions don’t show, MS Edge & IE both work, instructions shows some text as X’s and small pics on right not showing. Android: Chrome, Puffin, Stock Internet browser, Firefox I get black screen and 404. I looking for a good demo of Canvas or SVG objects that stretch, rotate, animate in some way based on tilt of device. I need to see the syntax of how that works.
Thanks much!
R,L, Hamm

My Name Is Nathan Hawkins and i love Game Developing, I came to PlayCanvas to try something new in the game engine/program area for fun and so far its been a fun ride, and im a nobody in here ^^ Lol jk.

Hi, my name is Maurizio Margiotta from Czech Republic.
I’ve been coding for more than 30 years (doing silly games on Commodore64 when I was 6).
I coded in many languages and I have an extensive knowledge of JS.
I’ve been working with Unity very intensively during last 4 years, and I’m now moving to PlayCanvas.
So far is very enjoyable, and I hope to contribute soon by adding more features, samples, and documentation.
Cheers!

1 Like

Hey,

I’m Seth from the United States. I started out programming games in scratch at age 10, and I’ve been coding ever since! I’m a college student, and I’ve used Unity and Unreal extensively and experimented with other engines such as Godot and Cocos2d, but eventually came to Playcanvas. I’m new to web development, but I really like the idea of coding games that anyone can see with a few clicks in a web browser.

Always open to advice and tips.
Thanks! :smile:

2 Likes

Hello, I’m a sounddesigner/composer/actor. I have been in this profession since 1984,mostly in theatre.
I love storytelling and have been excited by interactive media ever since hypercard. But I have no gift for math and difficulty to make a point(hence my website is a work in progress since 2004) I have followed a course in audio for games at SAE. I am researching ways to make audio oriented games with minimal graphics. I am happy to share my knowledge should you have a need for input on audio related matters.

1 Like

Hi folks,

I am Davy, generally known as Uncle Davy. I have no idea of programing, but find my way through examples. I am a System Administrator for a Hotel. I can build a whole Linux OS, if there is a cut,copy and paste examples lol. You get the picture.

I am here as I want to make learning fun for special needs kids. I see my wife struggling to teach my kid, who is a bit slow and thought, AR might help, as my kid loves to play games. I am sure there are a lot of fun AR games out there. Idea was to make homeworks more fun. Especially Maths.

Its good to see an open source software out there and a vibrant community behind it.

Wishing everyone happy coding, designing etc. “May the Canvas be with you” :slight_smile:

Cheers

HD

2 Likes

Hello !

I was originally an astrobiologist, but I wanted to start all over and make my dream come true (making video games).

So I took a training course in programming, started with a job as Java dev, then I started using Unity, and now I’m using PlayCanvas. :slight_smile:

Have a nice day !
Yruama

2 Likes

Hi,

Eric Claeys here - “Turknor” in most places. I am a game artist with 14 years of experience. I’ve worked primarily in Unity, Unreal and proprietary engines. I’m simply curious to see what PlayCanvas has to offer. I am familiar enough with Java to cut/paste and figure out how stuff is working, but I can’t write it from scratch.

I’ll see if I can get something working. :slight_smile:

EricClaeys.com

Hell8 me is Jörg and i develop games since the middle 79th . I’ve puplished a few games… board… cards… and comuter.
I’VE STUDIED GAM7NG. NOT GAMES BUT ECONIMIC.
FIRST LANGUAGE I’VE LEARNED WAS SOMTHING LIKE APLLE TALK FOR MACINTOSH, FOLLWED BY BASIC V3, COBOL, ASSEMBLER, PASCAL AND JAVA + SOME SKRIPT LANGUAGES.
I’VE PUBLISHED 7 GAMES … HALF OF THEM ON GAME CONVENTION “SPIEL” IN ESSEN…

GAME I WANT TO MAKE WITH CANVAS IS A POINT AND CLICK ADVENTURE… BUT YOU DON’T HAVE TO SOLVE RIDDELES BUT SCORE WITH LIMETED RESOURCES LIKE TIME AND MONEY… DEPENDING OF YOUR UPSET OF YOUR CHARAKTER YOU’VE DIFFERENT GOALS… CHOOSE LOVE OR MONEY. HEALTH OR HAPPINESS AND EVERY SINGLE PUZZLE WILL BE CALCULATED DIFFERENT…

I WANT TO INSTAL A PHONEBOX… I NEED 4TO 9 NUMBERS TO DIAL FOR MY GAME… EVERY ONE IS INVITED TO FILL IN FOR THE 990 HUNDREDS NUMBER

JORG

I’m Starbuilder (remaining anonymous) and a 16-year-old wannabe game developer. I’ve lightly touched on coding multiple times since 6th grade, but never really got as deep as I have with PlayCanvas. What really sold me on this site, though, was the fact that Robostorm was made with this engine! Very few problems with the site.

1 Like

hello, my name is you xiao hui . i want to be friend with you. can i connenct with you? i am a new playcanvas developer.

4 Likes

Welcome to playcanvas, be stubborn and don’t get discuraged :slight_smile:

2 Likes