Introduce yourself

Hi! I don’t know if I’m doing this right (or even responding to the right discussion) but I saw this random chat and thought I should share a bit about myself and my team.

My name is Cormac Franz. I work with a team of developers called “Hamster Studios” and we recently began using PlayCanvas for developing prototypes for any games we think might be fun. In our team, I mostly am a programmer and designer, but I love learning new things.

My development journey started here, actually, about six years ago. Since then, I’ve moved on to other things like Unity and Unreal Engine.

The community here seems really nice and I wish you all a wonderful day!

4 Likes

Happy to have you here @Hamster_Studios !

Hello, my name is Mason Rocchio and I have been a playcanvas coder or a few months now. I started off with simple block coding in scratch. Now though I am a pretty good coder and I would not have gotten this far without: Albertos, Leonidas, Yaustar, and many other coders.

6 Likes

im lak04171, i am way ahead of where i should be in all subjects (8 grades above) and i like to code, i found this searching for coding websites to build my game, arendia, now i have a big team and so far, i like it alot here. i don’t know much of javascript, but i’m learning. i know lua pretty well too. i also play games here for inspiration. i’m gonna stay here for quite a while.

4 Likes

Welcome to PlayCanvas @Hamster_Studios!

Hi,

i’m on a quest to make a webxr game :sweat_smile:. Mostly, learning and building using aframe.io and three.js. Definitely, excited to check out playcanvas.:joystick:

Thanks!

• Roncho
1 Like

I see you Ronak! PlayCanvas can be a lot to take in at first, but I think it may be a great fit for your game. PlayCanvas does so much of the heavy lifting when it comes to development, tooling, hosting, etc. It lets us focus on building something with the tools rather than getting bogged down in the details.

A few tips:

1. They have a tutorial for just about everything. Most of these have links to projects that you can examine or even fork.
  2. The user manual is super handy. I suggest taking an hour or two to read through a few sections: Editor, Scenes, Assets, Scripting, Templates, Animations, and Physics should be a great start.
  3. Make lots of small projects to test ideas.
  4. Have fun!

Joe

3 Likes

Hello All,

I have had a PlayCanvas account for two years, however have not done a lot of development until now. I do have decades of experience in embedded programming development and also just recently started to do a boatload of Javascript development as well as Firebase at work. I was pleasantly surprised by the support of WebXR. I currently own Oculus goggles and rather than go the Threejs route I find this platform the best when it comes to ease of use. I have been able to do a few VR developments but at this point I am developing my FPS skills and can easily port over to the VR world. Currently I am building a library of useful tools for game object activation of which I will share with the community. Feel free to send me a shout if you have any questions or just want to get intouch.

3 Likes

hello, I am meta_core, I am a developer. currently, work as a developer it is happy to work with play canvas there are lots of good people here. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Pumpkin_Cy. I’m new to PlayCanvas, and I’m blown away by how powerful it is and how friendly the team is. I’m a Web developer, and PlayCanvas has opened the door to another world. It reminded me of my childhood love of games. I like it very much. I really like the team. My best wishes to you. Please forgive my poor English, thank you.

6 Likes

I am a game developer who has been developing on playcanvas for over 1 year. I am also a skilled pianist who has been playing piano for over 10 years. I try to help everyone I can on playcanvas to help them learn the basics of HTML game development.

2 Likes

i am a gamer and i like to make and player games my personal favriote software to use is playcanvs to make my games easy and fun i made a few thaings alredy using playcanvs thank you and bye -demon

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Aryous. I was a technical artist on Unity before and now I get a job about Playcanvas. I learnt a lot from the PlayCanvas community when I got this job. I think it is time to join in the discussion. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Chris. I’m a Security Automation Engineer and lover of open world sandbox games. Been kicking the tires of game engines for many years. Recently, my self-learning all came together and things started making real sense. I’ve been having a lot of fun understanding PC’s rigidbody physics and input handling. Came to some realizations like making the world move around the player when doing infinite worlds to keep multiple adjacent objects (like a spaceship) nice and tight. Anyway, I’m exploring what it takes to make my perfect game. Very much looking forward to learning from you and contributing back.

5 Likes

Hello all
My name is Zymerius Griffin
I am a young aspiring game dev.
I hope to learn how to code and create my first game.

1 Like

Hello i’m Johnathon but i’m usually called JJ i’m 13. I am new to EVERYTHING and i have no idea how this works but i want to try it out the only thing i do know is that you should always start small so i hope to learn a lot from you guys/girls. thanks for having me here.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

After a couple of months worth of developing and strolling through the forum and Discord, I thought it’s time to introduce myself too.

My name is Jan, I’m 25 and currently studying Geovisualization. Actually my bachelors thesis brought me here as my professor wanted me to decide for a WebGL toolkit. I love Webdesign and anything that is related to interactive 3D-applications so PlayCanvas is the perfect fit.

I have already learned quite a lot and I am looking forward to lern more about PlayCanvas!

If anyone is interested - Here is my portfolio where you’ll find my thesis project in the near future:
https://vahrenhol3d.de/

Thanks for having me and welcome to everyone else!

5 Likes

Hi Jan!
Wow amazing stuff in your portfolio! Especially the variety, from coding to 3d, floor planings, geo and mapping stuff.

1 Like

Hi Rechi,

thanks a lot! Yes, my program (Bachelor of Engineering - Geovisualization) ist very focused on diversity (sounds paradox, I know). The Idea behind that is to enable us to pick new things up rather quickly because geodata ist gaining more and more importance to many people and businesses alike.

If you’d like to know more about it, send me a DM, I’ll gladly talk to you about the program or anything else you might be interested in :slight_smile:

Hope you’re having a great day!

1 Like

Do you actually perform your music IRL, or if not, what program?