Introduce yourself

Welcome! Just to clarify, who do you mean by PlayCanvas Community Leaders?

@yaustar Thank you for getting back promptly. Ideally, I would be honoured to have a quick 15-min chat with @will .

The project is quite ambitious and will require guidance from advisors. I have a personal account that I used to create the proof of concept.

We now need to scale the idea and reach pre-alpha. It will be an ongoing project and I am looking to foster lasting business relationships through a partnership.

While itā€™s possible to arrange a chat with myself, we generally donā€™t partner with other companies. If you email support@playcanvas.com, we can talk more in depth there.

1 Like

@yaustar Thatā€™s awesome. I will send an email. Thanks again for taking the time. If there is anything I can do to give back to the community here, please donā€™t hesitate to let me know.

Talk soon.

Error: (404) The requested community was not foundā€¦

2 Likes

Nice :slight_smile:

Hi Iā€™m new to PlayCanvas but have been a designer, animator and illustrator for 30 years now. Been using 3dsMax before it was called Max, educated in graphic design and have worked in advertising all my life.

Iā€™m very interested in this featured example: Sesotec

I want to create nearly the same thing with my clients models. Any tips to get started? Iā€™m going to do every tutorial I can find over the holiday break. Thanks!!

3 Likes

Hi I am TJ, Iā€™m a 13 year old coder, website maker, game maker, and vr player. Usually for my spare time I use it to code games, I am currently working on a game called color wars, itā€™s a multiplayer shooting game made from the template by Photon. And thatā€™s about it

4 Likes

Hello, I am [DATA EXPONGED] and I am a web site creator, as I know HTML as well as CSS. But I do not know much JavaScript. I need someone to help me through this issue.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone !!
My name is YOUNGMIN KIM and Iā€™m creative developer and media artist.
I have experience with Unity, Spark AR, WPF, MFC, NodeJS, EJS etcā€¦
For the current XR solution, we decided to use Playcanvas!
Iā€™m looking forward to using the engine to make a great work!

3 Likes

Hi

Hello!
Iā€™m Faizul. Iā€™m a game developer. I have started working on web game developments from last year. Recently Iā€™ve got to know that Playcanvas is a great tool for 3D Bitmoji and web games. Hope Playcanvas will be a great source of fun & happiness to me. Feel free to get in touch if you want to know more.

3 Likes

Hello!
iā€™m Deadshot1m24 i am working on multiple games for steam on this web making game creator i would love for you guys to subscribe to my YT channel

Hey there. You can call meTac.

I come from Developing on Roblox as I find this game engine to be much more promising.

I am so exited to get started!!

2 Likes

Hi all, I will be glad to meet you

1 Like

greetings all my name is Sam and I love games but Iā€™m know on playcanvas as SAM-MAKES-COOL-GAMES

hello, my name is Deadshot1m24 as referred to on playcanvas i have a youtube channel and is currently making two games, Trigo run (a pixel-like 2d platformer)
and Abandoned a first person Horror game heres my profile

i look forward to be using this platform in the foreseeable future :slight_smile:
-Deadshot1m24 OUT

Just a quick update. Currently running the company https://automaticom.com where we work extensively with 3d and webgl.

Hello everyone!

My name is Joseph Simpson (@vrhermit in most places). Iā€™ve recently started exploring PlayCanvas and Iā€™m super impressed with what Iā€™ve seen so far. I know that Iā€™ve only scratched the surface and Iā€™m excited to learn more and start using PlayCanvas for some of my projects.

While Iā€™m not interested in making games primarily, Iā€™m enthusiastic about virtual reality. Iā€™m most interested in making VR user interfaces that can replace or augment traditional computing. Less time on a keyboard, more time in 3D space. I think PlayCanvas support for WebXR and the UI features have a lot to offer for the type of projects that I work on.

Iā€™m familiar with Unreal and Unity, but I got sick of working in native code, dealing with code signing, app stores, etc. Iā€™ve spent my down time lately exploring Three JS, A-Frame, and Babylon JS. Iā€™ve made the most progress with Babylon JS and will likely use it for many things, but Iā€™m open to using PlayCanvas as well. I may even build some small projects in both engines to further explore when Iā€™d use one over the other.

Working in the Editor has been amazing. Iā€™m constantly amazed at the attention to detail that went into every feature. Itā€™s easy to learn and familiar to anyone who has worked in 3D before. Seeing changes to entities taking place in real time on other devices blew me away.

Scripting is also impressive. The code editor is clean and easy to use, with great auto-complete and documentation. Scripting is packed full of quality-of-life improvements such as component attributes or the asset registry.

I think the things that have impressed me the most are the things that I havenā€™t had to do. No NPN setup, no package.json file, dependency management, command line tools, etc. This stuff drives me nuts when starting a new project. PlayCanvas lets me skip all of that and jump right into creativity mode and start making things.

As you can tell, Iā€™m pretty excited. I look forward to learning more and to using PlayCanvas in my projects. Thanks for making such an awesome tool. I only wish I had started with it sooner.

Joseph Simpson

9 Likes

Thank you for your feedback and also your experience without NPM. Normally we have the opposite feedback with people wanting to use NPM :sweat_smile:

We would love to hear any suggestions or quality of life feedback in addition to what you have already posted in the Github Editor repo :slight_smile:

1 Like