I’m working on a minecraft clone. And would like to know your opinion about some stuff. First of all, let me tell you my intention with this project.
I want to test both my limits and the engine limits. So I intend to really make a functional game out of this, I don’t know for what extent I will copy or create my own things inside this game. I aim to make a really modular project, so you may fork it and create mods or your entire new version of YAMC.
But now, your opinion;
- I would like to know if I should make an exact copy minecraft gameplay mechanics or should the premise?
- Just the game or menus (main, saves, options) also?
- Should I make my own textures or run the risk of a copyright issue with mojang/microsoft?
- Should I add a multiplayer?
- Should I add resource pack support?
Project link: https://playcanv.as/p/gzo1xMQV/