Aphrodite Starter Kit Planet with Points
A PlayCanvas ready to play starter kit with easy to configure points and orbits on an animated globe sphere.
See a live sample here!
A complete PlayCanvas project is forked and added to your account. You will be receiving a ready to play project, with mobile-friendly assets and access to the full source code.
You can use it to make a strategy game, an air-booking app or just as a playground for rendering data in 3D!
- 3D globe model extruded to showcase in detail the surface of the earth.
- Animated water shader which can be easily configured.
- Water/land textures blended with colors of your choice.
- Day/night shader effect with city lights fading in/out.
- Dynamic point generation from a simple JSON file. No coding required to update the points.
- Dynamic orbit/points connection line from the same JSON file. Again, no coding required!
- Orbits are rendered using a Bezier 4-point curve which correctly calculates the path for both long and short distances.
- A complete picker class supporting mouse/touch events: click down/up/hover on element.
- Simple UI elements are already in place: game menu and city modal.
- All points use real world latitude and longitude so you easily place a new point with accuracy.
- Support for multiple languages using a simple localization JSON file per language.
- Performance is great:
- All points are batched automatically resulting in draw calls being less than 10.
- All textures are compressed in VRAM, total texture size is <30MB
- Polygon count is quite low <40K
- Camera controls are very easy to configure and use the standard PlayCanvas model viewer scripts. Expanded to support animation methods which you can easily invoke.
Get it now here: https://pic.pirron-rodon.one/