Hi fellow PlayCanvas enthusiasts,
we have developed a Cloud Build backend for PlayCanvas projects to improve our production pipeline:
The main features are:
- Builds: Conveniently generate manually builds with one click or set up auto builds (e.g. nightly builds)
- Branches: You can choose which branch to build from
- Scenes: Add/Remove scenes per build if needed
- Custom Settings: Change settings (e.g. Allow Cheats YES/NO) per build. Also custom fields with primitive values are supported and can be accessed in runtime
- Post Build procedures: For instance, it can automatically add the “viewport-fit=cover” meta tag to your index.html, so your game gets displayed fullscreen on iOS devices. You can also add custom files per build.
- Versioning: The Version number gets automatically displayed in the build
- User Management: Add multiple users with your organisation E-Mail adress with different permissions (In development)
- Easy Sharing: Builds get automatically uploaded to a server and are easily shareable (e.g. with your customer)
- Mobile Testing: A QR code is generated, so you can test the build on your mobile device without typing the URL
- Logging: Throw errors or warnings, e.g. when you have whitespaces in your asset names (which some servers don’t encode correctly)
- File size overview: Hunt down the biggest files in your build
- Asana Integration: When a build has finished, it generates automatically a card in your Asana board with a link to the build (we can also do a JIRA or Trello integration).
- Auto-delete: Old builds can be automatically deleted, to free up server space
Currently this is just a tool we use internally. But if someone is interested in using it for themselves, let us know!
The tool uses the PlayCanvas REST API, thanks a lot for providing it!
Rene & Team