Our PlayCanvas Cloud Build solution “Blitz:Build” is now live! We’re very excited to share this tool with you to make your work with PlayCanvas even more efficient.
It can help to improve your production pipeline by creating builds lightning fast and distributing them with ease.
The main features are:
- Easy builds: Conveniently generate builds with one click.
- Automate processes: Set up auto builds (nightly builds) and have a new build from your main branch ready in a given time interval.
- Restrict access: Set all of your builds to public or private. Or do it individually for each build - it’s up to you!
- Mobile testing: A QR code is generated, so you can test the build on your mobile device without typing the URL.
- Sharing: Builds get automatically uploaded to a server and are easily shareable (e.g. with your customer).
- App splitting: Split builds to allow asset loading from cross-origin URLs and external CDNs.
- Semantic versioning: The version number gets automatically incremented and is displayed next to the build. Easily track bugs and feedback and associate them with the correct build version.
- Pin engines: Pin your PlayCanvas engine version from your previous builds to guarantee a longer lifecycle of your projects.
- Logging: Throw errors or warnings at build time, e.g. when you have whitespaces in your asset names.
- File size overview: Hunt down the biggest files in your build.
Post build actions
- Actions: For instance, automatically add the “viewport-fit=cover” meta tag to your index.html, so your game gets displayed fullscreen on iOS devices.
- Files: Add and inject custom files into your builds.
- Webhooks: Add Webhooks and trigger external services after your build has finished (e.g. upload to AWS S3, trigger team notifications, etc.).
- Branches: Choose which branch to build from.
- Scenes: Add or remove scenes per build if needed.
- Settings: Change settings (e.g. Allow Cheats YES/NO) per build. Also custom fields with primitive values are supported and can be accessed in runtime.
- Loading screen wizard: Dynamically edit and preview your custom loading screen. Easy configuration, no coding skills required!
- User management: Add multiple users via E-Mail address and set different collaboration permissions.
- Auto deletion: Old builds can be automatically deleted, to free up server space.
We are already using this tool for our own games, but as it has reached Beta state now, we are eager to get your feedback & ideas for improving the tool even further!
In case you need any assistance, shoot us your question here - or we can jump on a quick call on Discord to help you.
We are looking forward to hearing your feedback!
Rene & Team