Keep constants in separate file / Use other IDE with Editor?

So, I’ve been working with PlayCanvas for a few days, and the editor feels very handy. However, coming from a full code background, I feel I’m kind of tied to some of its functionalities and would rather keep doing some things in my old fashioned way.

My main concerns are:

• I normally split config files such as constants that can be tweaked or localization files into a separate folder. For localization, PlayCanvas Editor seems to have great support, however constant tweaking is a little more annoying since PlayCanvas exports all the scripts into a single one every time.

Is there an easy way to export part of the scripts as a separate file everytime?

• I’m used to working with WebStorm, which feels the most compfortable IDE for JS so far to me. Is there any way to integrate WebStorm with the online Editor, so I can do my coding in WebStorm (or any other IDE) and push those code changes to the online platform to see them live?

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Hi,

You try unckeck Concatenate Scripts before Lauching or before building

Screenshot_5

1 Like

Hi @mariogarranz and welcome!

You can also try using Poseidon Remote Coding for doing local development in your IDE:

1 Like

Thanks both you and @hoanguyen for your quick answers. They do help a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like