Introduce yourself

Does PlayCanvas have an agent in China

Does PlayCanvas have an agent in Chinaļ¼Ÿļ¼Ÿ

Not sure what you mean by ā€˜agentā€™. If you mean team members, Iā€™m afraid not. We are mostly UK and US based.

Hi there! My nameā€™s Edward
Iā€™m 23 years old and I come from Dominican Rep.

Iā€™d like to shared with new people here and in addiction to that I wanna learn new knowledge about this editor
I like Playing video games in my free time time so what else?

Could someone teach me a little bit about the program so that itā€™s really interesting?

1 Like

PlayCanvas is a WebGL Game Engine designed to work like other engines like Unity or Unreal. Unlike those engines, PlayCanvas supports mostly WebGL game development. So you can make a game using the editor and publish it. Publishing creates a link that can be shared with others who can then try out your game. The forums is here to help answer mostly all your questions.

1 Like

I wanna know how to uset my tools

What do you mean by tools?

Sorry! I meant another thing so are you premiun user?

No, I just like to help people out.

i wanna make my own game but I dont know how to use this engine, do you have a manuel, book, etc?

You can search through this forum for answers to your questions. You can also visit PlayCanvas Docs for tutorials on doing stuff with the engine. Also, are you still there?

oh thanks a lot dude

1 Like

No problem.

1 Like

Hi @Edward_Diaz! Your best starting points would be the Keepy Up game tutorial that takes you through making a game start to finish: https://developer.playcanvas.com/en/tutorials/keepyup-part-one/

And also the User Manual will cover all areas of the Editor and the Engine :slight_smile: https://developer.playcanvas.com/en/user-manual/

1 Like

Hello yā€™all,

Iā€™m a Software Engineer that mostly does front-end stuff, but I like to play with random tech so I have bits and pieces of experience with WebGL, Babylon.JS, Pixi.JS and Three.JS. I love that PlayCanvas is open-source and with a transparent team that is highly involved in the community, I might try to help out on GitHub because this is such an awesome project. When you take into account PlayCanvasā€™s PBR and great GUI editor, PlayCanvas really is a prime solution for anyone building a configurator. Thatā€™s actually what Iā€™m doing right now, my company is building a pool configurator for a client. Being able to allow the design team to iterate the look and feel of a scene with the client saves a ton of time for everyone.

4 Likes

:wave:

Iā€™m John. Iā€™ve ā€œtechnicallyā€ been a member of PlayCanvas for a while but havenā€™t really used it much. Iā€™m a Software Engineer by day primarily working in Rails and React. I have only a little game dev experience, working in 2D (GameMaker, Phaser) and tinkered around in ThreeJS and p5/Processing.

Iā€™ve slowly but surely been digging in to more and more of PlayCanvas. Currently, a bit stuck on getting collisions (and triggers?) to work but Iā€™ll keep digging. Iā€™m working on a racing game that Iā€™d like to extrapolate into a somewhat rudimentary racing simulation software.

Thoroughly enjoying PC!

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to PlayCanvas. Collisions act as collisions only when a rigidbody is attached on the entity. If there isnā€™t a rigidbody, the collision acts as a trigger area. You can use code to check if a specific entity has entered the trigger area or is colliding with a certain object.

Software developer, using PC+8wall for simple AR apps. PC is Unity3D useful alternative for mobile WebGL.

2 Likes

hi im a very smart in java.

Hello, my name is Damien Savage, you can call me AmericanHero999 or Damien.

I usually enjoy making digital art, itā€™s not that good, but I have fun. I am a complete beginner to being a game developer. I am using this school Chromebook to make stuff. I am a 14 year old American-German-Norwegian person, my primary language is English. I know a bit of German, but iā€™m not fluent.

1 Like