Introduce yourself

Hello Play Canvas community!
My name is Ben - I’ve been following the community for some time, and happy to finally join in the discussions. My team and I are actively evaluating the Play Canvas engine as an alternative to Unity and seeing if it will be the right fit for our product’s needs. The examples we’ve seen provide a high-quality visuals, quick loading times and huge variety of delivery methods. This all lines up with a great customer experience we want to provide to the world.

Looking forward to sharing knowledge and learning what Play Canvas can do!

4 Likes

how do i make something

Hi @danny_po and welcome!

A good way to start is to follow the tutorial below.

https://developer.playcanvas.com/en/tutorials/crash-course/

Hi all,

Just thought I’d say hello, I’ve been off and on with PlayCanvas as I tend to mix my roles up somewhat. I’m mainly a 3D motion person, but did use to program years ago, I’ve worked for agencies producing product renders (Drinks, shoes) and I do eLearning materials. The latter is why I’m dipping back into PlayCanvas.

I’ve been into 3D for about 3 decades now, starting out rendering on the Amiga!! Awesome days…

Anyways, hi and bye

Scott

1 Like

He there!

I just registered and I’m pretty new to everything here. I studied applied media science and work now in management of digital projects. But I love to learn tools and skills to do a lot on my own. For a upcoming project playcanvas might be a good solution, but sadly I have no experience - yet. :wink:

To further evaluate the possibilitys of using playcanvas and to develop a concept for my first project, I would be really happy and thankful about suggestions about projects similar to what I am planning (or helpful tips and tutorials :slight_smile: ):

• I want to import a existing 3D Model from Blender of an auditorium and stage of a big theatre with a given stage-design.
  • Users shall be engaged to explore the room and scenery in a playful way to learn about different aspects of the theatre and stage design.
  • TBD: via free movement OR a given scinematic path along several waypoints: There will be several interactive elements providing additional information (e.g. in form of animated 3D objects, infographics, texts, videos or pictures and music)

Best wishes
Marlo

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to construct video texture from pc.http.get request

Hello, I’m Andor. I’ve been enjoying learning how to use PlayCanvas at my job as well as on my spare time.

Last year my partner and I created an electronic holiday card. This was our third one so far but first time using PlayCanvas.

http://merryclickmas.ca/

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!

1 Like

Jordan Cote
(linkedin)

Web developer and cryptography researcher, been on disability for almost 10 years. Found Playcanvas while starting a hobby project for a virtual space, cyberspace implemented on the web and chose this over three.js and others, like unity mostly for html5 support and mobile support, and flourishing community. I have been working on this project for about 5 years on and off. The basis of it is a virtually infinite space, limited by integer size but scalable. It is lexically organized starting from ‘0’ (zero) in the center as the default landing page and increments alphanumerically in an ever expanding spiral.

This is called a pairing or specifically cantor pairing function which maps a base36 integer (numbers and letters) to 2D coordinates. I have the computer draw 25 tiles in a 5x5 grid and as the player moves they are shuffled like a treadmill to simulate an infinite plane in 3D space. Other players are displayed in real time, as are their image and 3d model or hyperlink uploads - updated in realtime with a second server using websockets for speed. Any user can upload, edit, or delete elements in the current state of the code. There is an AI machine learning image filter for images and zip files that filters out explicit content. Because of the nature of imageboards as they are in the world, sites such as 4chan, there are some trolls out there posting shock content to deface the site. I am trying my best to mitigate this but I currently have no mods, but also no users. I did post the site in an earlier state on /g/ technology imageboard and there were about 100 users posting over 10,000 images (3d models were not yet working). I am paying the hosting costs on Google Cloud. I worked on the original App Engine back in 2007, and did 2 more internships at Google. I have a legal disclaimer and user agreement on the site you should read if you are interested it is on the main menu at the bottom. Here are the urls for the site currently:
https://www.cybers.cafe/
https://www.mikus.world/
https://www.3dchan.com/

here is tthe project i use as a starting point:
https://playcanvas.com/project/1150914/overview/cybers-cafe-32

Hi everyone,
I am Kh Butt from Pak. I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce. Every day, I strive to learn something new. My favorite foods are steak with French fries and Pizza. I love blogging & traveling. I have created a site most recetly. I love to create move engaging content daily, spending time on forums to learn more and more.

Reintroduction due to me being away for extended periods of time, hello i am Deadshot1m24 as known on playcanvas, i am currently in High school with no external training, i am the owner/creator of Trigo Run and am currently working on games such as, Motigate, Last life, shipmate, dawn horizons, and other projects including Rust tooltip ( a site with all the info on rust ) anyways i thought i would reintroduce as i have takken a substancial break from gamedev and worked more on YT content creation, however i am back to developing

i am aaden feeney. 1 am 14 and in pineriver highschool.

hi my name is aaden

Hi Aaden and welcome! :wave:

Do you already have a PlayCanvas project?

no i do not.

Okay, this forum is mainly to provide help and support for PlayCanvas. If you are interested, the course below can help you get started.

Hello everyone! I’m Ma Jiawei from a Chinese VR game studio Chesstar. You can just call me Jack.
We’ve been developing using Unity for many years. If you are a VR enthusiast, you might heard of our game Hibow on Quest. A multiplayer VR archery game. Here’s the link: Hibow (Beta Version) on SideQuest - Oculus Quest Games & Apps including AppLab Games ( Oculus App Lab )

Recently we are looking for a more convenient way to develop and release games. And luckly we find PlayCanvas! Hope we all will enjoy developing here!

I’m experienced in using photon to develop multiplayer games. And I would love to help you here with photon related problems or other new comer questions with Playcanvas. I’ll share the photon demo project as soon we finish it. Hoping it will help more people building their multiplayer games with PlayCanvas.

See you soon in the forum!

6 Likes

ok, nice to meet you jack. i hope we can become friends and bring peace and joy to the planet

2 Likes

Hi @jack_ma and welcome!

This looks great! :ok_hand:

Maybe you have a solution for this one? :innocent:

i am sorry i do not know how th fix that.

I’ll check this out :smiley: