Introduce yourself

Hey there. You can call meTac.

I come from Developing on Roblox as I find this game engine to be much more promising.

I am so exited to get started!!

2 Likes

Hi all, I will be glad to meet you

1 Like

greetings all my name is Sam and I love games but I’m know on playcanvas as SAM-MAKES-COOL-GAMES

hello, my name is Deadshot1m24 as referred to on playcanvas i have a youtube channel and is currently making two games, Trigo run (a pixel-like 2d platformer)
and Abandoned a first person Horror game heres my profile

i look forward to be using this platform in the foreseeable future :slight_smile:
-Deadshot1m24 OUT

Just a quick update. Currently running the company https://automaticom.com where we work extensively with 3d and webgl.

Hello everyone!

My name is Joseph Simpson (@vrhermit in most places). I’ve recently started exploring PlayCanvas and I’m super impressed with what I’ve seen so far. I know that I’ve only scratched the surface and I’m excited to learn more and start using PlayCanvas for some of my projects.

While I’m not interested in making games primarily, I’m enthusiastic about virtual reality. I’m most interested in making VR user interfaces that can replace or augment traditional computing. Less time on a keyboard, more time in 3D space. I think PlayCanvas support for WebXR and the UI features have a lot to offer for the type of projects that I work on.

I’m familiar with Unreal and Unity, but I got sick of working in native code, dealing with code signing, app stores, etc. I’ve spent my down time lately exploring Three JS, A-Frame, and Babylon JS. I’ve made the most progress with Babylon JS and will likely use it for many things, but I’m open to using PlayCanvas as well. I may even build some small projects in both engines to further explore when I’d use one over the other.

Working in the Editor has been amazing. I’m constantly amazed at the attention to detail that went into every feature. It’s easy to learn and familiar to anyone who has worked in 3D before. Seeing changes to entities taking place in real time on other devices blew me away.

Scripting is also impressive. The code editor is clean and easy to use, with great auto-complete and documentation. Scripting is packed full of quality-of-life improvements such as component attributes or the asset registry.

I think the things that have impressed me the most are the things that I haven’t had to do. No NPN setup, no package.json file, dependency management, command line tools, etc. This stuff drives me nuts when starting a new project. PlayCanvas lets me skip all of that and jump right into creativity mode and start making things.

As you can tell, I’m pretty excited. I look forward to learning more and to using PlayCanvas in my projects. Thanks for making such an awesome tool. I only wish I had started with it sooner.

Joseph Simpson

9 Likes

Thank you for your feedback and also your experience without NPM. Normally we have the opposite feedback with people wanting to use NPM :sweat_smile:

We would love to hear any suggestions or quality of life feedback in addition to what you have already posted in the Github Editor repo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! I don’t know if I’m doing this right (or even responding to the right discussion) but I saw this random chat and thought I should share a bit about myself and my team.

My name is Cormac Franz. I work with a team of developers called “Hamster Studios” and we recently began using PlayCanvas for developing prototypes for any games we think might be fun. In our team, I mostly am a programmer and designer, but I love learning new things.

My development journey started here, actually, about six years ago. Since then, I’ve moved on to other things like Unity and Unreal Engine.

The community here seems really nice and I wish you all a wonderful day!

4 Likes

Happy to have you here @Hamster_Studios !

Hello, my name is Mason Rocchio and I have been a playcanvas coder or a few months now. I started off with simple block coding in scratch. Now though I am a pretty good coder and I would not have gotten this far without: Albertos, Leonidas, Yaustar, and many other coders.

6 Likes

im lak04171, i am way ahead of where i should be in all subjects (8 grades above) and i like to code, i found this searching for coding websites to build my game, arendia, now i have a big team and so far, i like it alot here. i don’t know much of javascript, but i’m learning. i know lua pretty well too. i also play games here for inspiration. i’m gonna stay here for quite a while.

4 Likes

Welcome to PlayCanvas @Hamster_Studios!

Hi,

i’m on a quest to make a webxr game :sweat_smile:. Mostly, learning and building using aframe.io and three.js. Definitely, excited to check out playcanvas.:joystick:

Thanks!

• Roncho
1 Like

I see you Ronak! PlayCanvas can be a lot to take in at first, but I think it may be a great fit for your game. PlayCanvas does so much of the heavy lifting when it comes to development, tooling, hosting, etc. It lets us focus on building something with the tools rather than getting bogged down in the details.

A few tips:

1. They have a tutorial for just about everything. Most of these have links to projects that you can examine or even fork.
  2. The user manual is super handy. I suggest taking an hour or two to read through a few sections: Editor, Scenes, Assets, Scripting, Templates, Animations, and Physics should be a great start.
  3. Make lots of small projects to test ideas.
  4. Have fun!

Joe

3 Likes

Hello All,

I have had a PlayCanvas account for two years, however have not done a lot of development until now. I do have decades of experience in embedded programming development and also just recently started to do a boatload of Javascript development as well as Firebase at work. I was pleasantly surprised by the support of WebXR. I currently own Oculus goggles and rather than go the Threejs route I find this platform the best when it comes to ease of use. I have been able to do a few VR developments but at this point I am developing my FPS skills and can easily port over to the VR world. Currently I am building a library of useful tools for game object activation of which I will share with the community. Feel free to send me a shout if you have any questions or just want to get intouch.

3 Likes

hello, I am meta_core, I am a developer. currently, work as a developer it is happy to work with play canvas there are lots of good people here. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Pumpkin_Cy. I’m new to PlayCanvas, and I’m blown away by how powerful it is and how friendly the team is. I’m a Web developer, and PlayCanvas has opened the door to another world. It reminded me of my childhood love of games. I like it very much. I really like the team. My best wishes to you. Please forgive my poor English, thank you.

6 Likes

I am a game developer who has been developing on playcanvas for over 1 year. I am also a skilled pianist who has been playing piano for over 10 years. I try to help everyone I can on playcanvas to help them learn the basics of HTML game development.

2 Likes

i am a gamer and i like to make and player games my personal favriote software to use is playcanvs to make my games easy and fun i made a few thaings alredy using playcanvs thank you and bye -demon

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Aryous. I was a technical artist on Unity before and now I get a job about Playcanvas. I learnt a lot from the PlayCanvas community when I got this job. I think it is time to join in the discussion. Thanks!

2 Likes