Introduce yourself

Salutations,

My name is Sebastian and I’m currently enrolled in a web development and design courses at my local community college. Currently in a JS class where the instructor introduced us to Playcanvas and I have have to say I really like and appreciate this web application!

Of course I play games and I’m learning more and more about the development process as I go along and become a better dev and coder. Look forward to being a part of the community convo.

Hello,

My Name is Anton. I’m a 3D Artist/Animator with an Unreal Engine background. Since I have no hope that Unity or Unreal will be able to create a good package for HTML with Webassebly we switched to Playcanvas.
I hope Playcanvas will succeed and will not die like GooCreate, which looked very promising too.

Cheers! And thanks for all the help in the forum :slight_smile:

ok so im a pre gamedev or young gamedev who loves making games and coding.And I soon hope to make my own custom engine I come here from time to time for help.AAnd also I cant forget I love pizza and I have a sweet tooth for many sweets LOL :smile:

Hi! My name is Logan, and I’m a senior at my university. My major is Information Technology, and I’m currently working on my senior design project: a more user-friendly, 3D grid-based alternative to TRPG tools such as Fantasy Grounds and Roll20. I’m basing it on Martin Neihoff’s Grid Generator.

My profile: https://playcanvas.com/alistair_doctor (apologies; for some reason, I couldn’t log into the forums with my normal PlayCanvas account)

TRPG Project (Euclidean TRPG Assistant): https://playcanvas.com/project/597981/overview/eta-2

Hi!I’m Marquise I am need to coding and am learning javascript,html,and css through a website called freecodecamp.org.I have made some previous games on here like rove.io,and helped the develop Asteral.I havee a dream of becoming the worlds first trrillionaire or next real life tonny stark other thaan elon musk.But I wanna work in as aa gamedev and programmer who makes websites and apps.

Hi Guys,

im Heiko from munich in germany. I have been in tech / consulting for the better part of my life.
I am really enjoying these times with all teh stuff that is going on regarding VR/AR, AI, 3D printing and such.
Looking forward to dive deeper into playcanvas - since I’d love to see more 3D content on the web and PC seems to be a greaat and lighweight option to do that

Hi everyone !
I’m a CG Artist with over 8 years of experience in the field.
Being in freelance, I have grown to be more adaptable and have picked up many skills over the years. I’ve worked on projects that involve architecture , game design , augmented reality, virtual reality, and advertising

Hello my name is Brian and I have been using PlayCanvas for little over half a year. I work in advertising with several Fortune 500 companies. I’ve been programming since 1996, primarily for the web. I was looking into Three.js and was beginning to wrap my head around that, when a collaborator at work suggested looking at PC. It has been very helpful to see the models in their environment.

Hi fellas, I am a data architect and have been with Cloudways from quite a time. At Cloudways, I am responsible in keeping the flow of linode managed cloud hosting solution frequent.
I am a big fond technical changes and 3D graphics. I always such kind of games at my Leisure time. This is approach that has bought me to playcanvas. I am looking forward to my stay in the community.

Hello Dave,
this is Matthias a first time user of playcanvas.com/editor and of forum.playcanvas.com
I found this web experience by googling for javascript game engine.
My first impression of the playcanvas editor is that it looks like a VRML editor (virtual reality modeling language) without being as intuitive as those editors were some 20 years ago.
I grew up with using a text editor for html, javascript and css files - that means I feel lost with the UI of playcanvas.
Are there basic tutorials available e.g. playcanvas for dummies?
How to create a first sample game?

The PlayCanvas editor is similar to the typical game engine editors such as Unity3D, Unreal and Godot. If you have used those before, some parts of the PlayCanvas should hopefully be familiar.

The manual has an overview of the editor (which is a a little dry): https://developer.playcanvas.com/en/user-manual/designer/menus-and-toolbar/

Or you can try the Keepy Uppy tutorial series on making a small game: https://developer.playcanvas.com/en/tutorials/keepyup-part-one/

Hello Peoples of the Interweb! I am GLaDOS_1, also known as Tristin, I’m sort of new to this field, but am learning fast! I hope to learn enough to create something of my own eventually, but am currently working with someone else, who I have showed this to. I appreciate all the things everyone has done on this website (or engine more specifically) And I have a question for you guys. Star Wars or Marvel? (Or DC) Anyway, I look forward to your replies!

I would say marvel only because I love the superheroes they have created cough cough(iron man) lol

“Sees reply” Wow! Someone actually responded! Thank you for the feedback! Anyway… I am also a gamer, who appreciates the effort that it takes to makes

Hello, I’m a coding enthusiast, yet an amateur. I have a free account now, and wish to know more about this open source engine. I have tried many of the previously made games here, but many unfortunately failed in the browser window.

Try this one: https://playcanv.as/p/BAuoCOx6/ also if you need help with coding try khanacademy: or codecademy

Those 2 are great but the main problem is that its too outdated
I would recommend Tutorials point because it’s up to date. very useful for 100+ languages. Uses a Built-in IDE for practice. Teaches you step by step on how to set up your language for your computer. Etc
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/

Plus it’s free. an account is required for some things like a Q&A

Nice! havent heard of this one yet thanks for telling us! Btw can you help with something? or are you busy?goto this topic if you can @SHADOWELITE7

very busy atm. my javascript skills aren’t as strong as they used to be.

Hello, i’m javad, server side programmer (node.js\php) trying to get experience about the UDP and realtime game server ( also everythings about a game can do in backend :smiley: ).
my last work and projects : (github)