How do I make my weapon move with my character

I can’t figure out how to network my gun with my character, and I have already looked at other posts but they just don’t make sense to me here’s my project PlayCanvas | HTML5 Game Engine

Hi @Caljs_28! You can make the entity a child of your camera entity (if it is a first person game).

i don’t know how to do that.

in the editor move the weapon into the camera

1 Like

no i want the whole character to move with the gun and camera.

did you use the fps tutorial code?

yeah

Ok. Tell me what you mean by the whole character move. Do you mean like the parent entity player and rotate it accordingly? Or do you just want the camera and gun to move around the player and not have the player rotate? I dont think that you can rotate the player with the fps script because the camera rotation is set based on the player entity and if you made it so that the player updated to the camera position then the glitches would happen. I did this once and the player started spinning faster than the speed of light and i also tried so that the camera isnt updated but that doesent work because if the camera doesent move the player cant look around. I dont think that it really matters if the player can rotate or not becasue they are in first person so they dont see themselves and they are also a capsule so there isnt much to see. But if you really wanted to do this you might need to spend a lot of time in the api and forums.

ok then how do i make the weapon move in multiplayer so other players see it move.

1 Like

You can also make the weapon move every single second. it would be laggy but it would work and here is the product right now
https://launch.playcanvas.com/1417136?debug=true
you can check it out and see what is needed we love your feedback

just update the position of the player with the gun model as a child

look how i did it.
https://playcanvas.com/editor/scene/1403672

but i don’t know how to update it as a child and the code in your project is too hard to understand

1 Like

could you just do it for me PlayCanvas | HTML5 Game Engine

1 Like

can we use your AK shoot particles we need them and can’t seem to get them right

1 Like

yeah sure. I dont mind.

about the particles or you doing the project

u guess i could do both of them for you

thank you soo much :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

what is your play canvas name