Getting Error: Failed to link shader program. Error: Internal error compiling shader with Metal backen

One more thing @Gwynne_Ferrer . Could you please enable Developer menu in your Safari:
in the top menu select Safari → Settings, select Advanced tab and tick ‘Show Develop menu in the menu bar’. Then from the new Develop menu, select Show JavaScript console to see if there are some errors reported there, which I suspect there would be.

Alright, here’s what came up

Great, thank you, glad to see all of this being related to the same issue, vs having some unrelated issues / crashes taking place.

Oh so do I just need to upgrade my mac OS for PlayCanvas version 1.64.2?

It seems that Apple fixed their internal shader compile error in up to date version of MacOS / Safari, so it’s a good chance that will fix your problems. We will of course try to fix a workaround for those older versions as well.

Okay, will do! Thank you so much for the help! I’ll give an update as soon as it’s finished :))

1 Like

@mvaligursky It worked!! Everything is back in Editor mode and there’s no more errors popping :))

Thank you, again!

1 Like

The fix is here, we’ll be releasing it soon: [Fix] Workaround for shader compile issue on iOS 15 related to MRT by mvaligursky · Pull Request #5459 · playcanvas/engine · GitHub

1 Like

And it has been released.

1 Like