Me and my brother ended up not finishing the Halloween jam submission on time, we just ended up spending a little too much time learning the APIs we were working with hahaha
But now we’ve got it pretty streamlined! Here’s a video demonstrating the Yuka AI library along with PlayCanvas written in ClojureScript that we put together yesterday:
All the models and textures were made in Blender 2.9. Yuka keeps track of its own local 3D world with nothing but a navmesh, and using a sync function the resulting Yuka quaternions and vector3s are converted to PlayCanvas quaternions and vector3s every frame.
On top of that, I wrote a couple of lines real fast to read the Yuka velocity vector’s length to determine if it should play the walk or idle animation. It’s very painless!
Now that we’ve gotten pretty fast at implementing all the libraries from scratch and doing the art in the same day, we’ll probably be taking another try at a game jam soon, so I’ll keep you guys updated!