What is PlayCanvas good for?

Can you use PlayCanvas for general 3D in the web in multiple places?
Can you use Three.js with PlayCanvas?
Can you use Pixi.js and Create.js with PlayCanvas?
Can you use Coffeescript with PlayCanvas?
Can you use PlayCanvas Engine and Editor for different things?

• Can you use PlayCanvas for general 3D in the web in multiple places?

Yes, PlayCanvas is designed for many different use-cases. Games, visualization, VR or other general 3D applications.

• Can you use Three.js with PlayCanvas?

What would be the point? Three.js is a javascript 3D renderer. PlayCanvas provides this functionality.

• Can you use Pixi.js and Create.js with PlayCanvas?

Possibly, though I’m not sure why you would. PlayCanvas doesn’t have a specific 2D rendering solution, but you can use the 3D engine to render 2D content.

• Can you use Coffeescript with PlayCanvas?

You can if you are just using the PlayCanvas engine. The Editor is designed to work with javascript files. You could always compile and upload your Coffeescript output, but the workflow would be pretty awkward.

• Can you use PlayCanvas Engine and Editor for different things?

Yes, PlayCanvas can be use to create pretty much any 3D application you want…

Can you use PlayCanvas inside your HTML content? Like a cube specifically above a heading and a sphere behind an anchor tag?

You can have multiple PlayCanvas applications within same page, yes.

I believe PlayCanvas is pretty good for small to medium WebGL projects, run by sole developer or small teams of 2-3 people. Sophisticated editor is really big selling point - that’s where PlayCanvas is miles ahead of its competition. On the other hand, I’ve seen some people being put off by editor’s cloud nature and not optimized Git workflow (and it’s even turned off for new scripting system). Guess some programmers just can’t imagine working without Git anymore :slight_smile: