Web Download does not open in Browser without Wifi

Hi,

I was wondering if the Web Download can be opened on Native Device without needing a server. As of now, I’ve downloaded it on my computer or my Android Tablet, but I can’t open it on the Browser (without wiFi) as Standalone. This would be ideal.

Thanks,
-Anton

You would need to wrap it in a native app using something like Cordova.

@Anton_Gunaratnam_s_S,

You could simply publish on Playcanvas and then convert it to native by pasting the link into a site called gonative.io. Works well for me.

1 Like

Seems promising, but I’d like to be able for all the assets to be on the device in question, because even if the game I make does not necessarily load specific assets based on one user’s interaction, it may need to load those specific assets for another user and his/her interaction…so as long as there is no need for Wifi when playing, it seems like a good idea. But is Cordova able to do this? It seems like it is meant for browser ie: requires wifi when you run an app made by Cordova

Seems promising, but I’d like to be able for all the assets to be on the device in question, because even if the game I make does not necessarily load specific assets based on one user’s interaction, it may need to load those specific assets for another user and his/her interaction…so as long as there is no need for Wifi when playing, it seems like a good idea. Basically all the files currently in the build the of my PlayCanvas game must be downloading and used regardless of if these assets will be loaded when I send the link to the website you referred me to…some assets only load based on user interaction and are not preloaded in any way beforehand, that is, assets are loaded via interaction-based as needed by user

Hey Guys,

This is the error I get when running the unzipped project on my computer offline on the web browser:

Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/TEST%20STANDALONE/config.json. (Reason: CORS request not http).

@Anton_Gunaratnam_s_S,

The assets are on my device when I downloaded via gonative. Did you try it out or are you on the edge about it? If you are facing problems after trying it out, contact GoNative support.

I’m on the edge about it…I’ll try it out then…will see