I have run into a problem utilising the VR camera setup, from the starter kit, on mobile. The screen only displays the camera clear color. The UI is visible and indeed entering VR mode works. Upon leaving VR mode the canvas displays the scene without gyroscope support. Using this same setup back in April caused no issues.
In the Android console I have the following errors:
- No DPDB device match.
- Failed to recalculate device parameters.
- DOMException: API can only be initiated by a user gesture.
After entering VR mode the following is reported in the console:
- Invalid timestamps detected. Time step between successive gyroscope sensor samples is very small or not monotonic
This was tested on 2 Android mobiles:
- Google Pixel XL using Chrome for Android - version: 58.0.3029.83
- HTC 10 using Chrome for Android - version: 58.0.3029.83
Here is the project (created fresh today from the Starter Kit):