a while ago i started to get seemingly spontanous error messages caused by suddenly falsly linked entities in attributes i fed through the editor. until now i could not reproduce the issue.
it happens when i want to look up the location of these entites in hierachy. i don’t know since when it is possible to reveal their location by clicking in the inspector but it is definitly an ux improvement. though in some cases after clicking my intuitive behaviour is to check out other entities surrounding the entity i was looking for. i just realized that when selected the entity-slot in inspector the next click on another entity will exchange the object.
don’t know if this is a real issue. maybe that only happens to me because of my twisted expectations on ui. but since it is already possible to drag and drop to inspector i don’t see the benefit of an alternative that might send someone chasing bugs just to discover that only some links have changed. i was really wondering how that happens for quite a while.