Trying to connect my React Components to the PlayCanvas engine

I have found out how to load a PlayCanvas engine into my local server (through index.html in my public folder). I am having trouble importing the PlayCanvas engine into my src folder.

1. I created a min.js file that has the PlayCanvas code and placed it in my src folder
  2. Created a new React component pasted the example code which is found in PC’s github.
  3. I get an error on my local server of which points to the PlayCanvas engine code.
  Line 3:     'define' is not defined              no-undef
  Line 4:     'define' is not defined              no-undef
  Line 780:   'webkitAudioContext' is not defined  no-undef
  Line 880:   Unexpected use of 'self'             no-restricted-globals
  Line 1125:  'Ammo' is not defined                no-undef

What am I doing wrong? I know that ammo is probably referencing ammo.js physics framework. I tried to copy and paste the ammo.js file into my src file and import it into the PlayCanvas engine file but my local server just crashes at that point.

Looks like the solution that I found to this was install the entire playcanvas engine; not just part of it. You can do this by installing a npm module which is directed towards the Playcanvas’ engine. This has all the files required to make the engine code run. Here is a module that a user has created, but you can create your own by forking the repo…

npm module

If you are having issues rendering your model; try to place your PlayCanvas code in componentDidMount