The Anim State Graph stop the player movement

I created a model in Blender and imported an animation from Mixamo. In PlayCanvas, I made a script that moves the player and it worked correctly, but then I added the anim component and added the animation, the movement no longer works. Does anyone know what the problem is?

You might need to describe the movement no longer works in more details, otherwise it’s hard to guess.

When I press the W key the player moves, but if I add the anime component and press the W key again, the script movement does not work.

Project: Overview | Dashboard | Habbo | PlayCanvas | 3D HTML5 & WebGL Game Engine

Hi @Lucas_Montenegro!

Currently the movement seems to work fine for me.

Did you already solved the problem?

Almost, I created an entity and separated the animation from the code. It works normally at first, but when I set the transition duration, my model does a small jump before stopping.

I don’t know what it could be. In Blender, it works normally…

I’m not clicking any buttons and not making any commands for him to jump.

I suspect it’s a problem with the pivot point. When it moves, it follows the pivot point and looks a bit strange. Is it possible to fix this in PlayCanvas? If not, do you have any tips for fixing it in Blender or making additional adjustments?

I’ve noticed that, but I haven’t been able to find exactly what’s causing it. Removing the root bone entity of the anim component solves this problem, but then the entity stops rotating in the right direction for some reason.

I see you use lookAt() on an entity with a dynamic rigidbody and that is not possible unfortunately. You need to find a workaround for this. Maybe the topic and example project below can help you with it.

https://playcanvas.com/project/808772/overview/look-at-with-physics

1 Like