Texture Packer for Diffuse/AO maps

Hi, I went through the texture packer user manual, however it appears to be limited to sprites and UI images. What if I wanted to create a texture atlas of multiple ambient occlusion and diffuse maps in order to minimise the number of web requests?

I attempted to create texture atlas for multiple AO maps, but all I was able to do was get the option to use the sprite editor, which obviously produced sprites for those AO maps that were not replaceable in the material.

I suppose I have to use scripting/code to access the texture atlas, obtain the list of all the AO maps, and then assign them to the material?

Kindly let me know if someone could assist me with this.

Is there any other way of getting the individual textures from textureAtlas besides using different tiling and offset values?

We do not directly support atlas packing of textures other than sprites. I think the best option would be to use the external tools to pack your textures, and then in your modelling application remap the UVs of meshes to those as needed.

Is there any other way of getting the individual textures from textureAtlas besides using different tiling and offset values?

Nope, that’s how atlases work in any engine - you need to modify UVs on your meshes to access the appropriate area of the atlas, or apply a texture transform on a material but then you cannot use repeat (wrap) modes for the texture sampling.

1 Like

@mvaligursky Thank you for your response