Template resize don't rezise children collider

I think i encourter a bug but i’m not sure.

I try to do a little game here is the project: PlayCanvas 3D HTML5 Game Engine Scene Battle

I made a template with some cube primitive. Each have a collider and rigid body. My cube fall on the ground

If i resize my template each of my primitive are resized as well. But my collider seem to be not resize And the collider is not the same as the rendered object because only the rendered object is resize.

If you launch my simulation you will see that the template not resized had a proper collider but the one resized doesn’t

msedge_Bj7fzcOsqa

Normal sizedTemplate:

*2 Scale on tempalte

The only difference between the 2 is the scale that is on template and i move a little oin Y for the gif to fall in the collider that is on bad size

Hi @Jebik and welcome,

That’s correct, primitive colliders don’t take in to account the scale of their entity.

You will have to adjust them manually to fit the final entity scale.

1 Like

Hey, I encountered the same issue, it’s a bit surprising that primitive do not inherit scale, is there a reason for that or is it a known bug already ?

As it’s a difference with unity and probably other engines I’m curious to hear about it :slight_smile:

Hi @Thierry_Berger and welcome,

I don’t think it’s a bug, mostly a missing feature.

Right now the collision shape created takes into account only the half extents size set in the component. It’s doable to patch the engine to take into account the entity scale, but that can be quite complex and not something I’d propose.

You can try adding a feature request about this in the engine repo:

1 Like