Concept: Player moves around spherical world, with 3rd person trailing camera to feel like world is spinning as player explores.
- player control: keyboard arrows to move player along sphere coordinates, and update character’s forward face relative to movement direction
- camera rotation: 3rd person trailing view, which lags to catch up to player as they move
- I just started learning PC, and liked the mechanics used in a old PC game Orbital Survivor ( https://playcanvas.com/project/375725/overview/orbital-survival).
- Unfortunately PC wouldn’t let me fork the project due to its use of legacy scripts, so I converted some basic logic into the new PC script format.
- Figured this might save someone time in the future to implement sphere-walking-trailing-camera logic.