Strange Info messages posted on Firefox DevTools console. Referrer Policy?

I don’t what is causing these messages, or what changed in Firefox, but I’ve been getting them recently when launching my games, even with the sample game “Keepy Up”

Here is an example of the message:

Referrer Policy: Less restricted policies, including ‘no-referrer-when-downgrade’, ‘origin-when-cross-origin’ and ‘unsafe-url’, will be ignored soon for the cross-site request: https://cdn.cookielaw.org/consent/f91a844d-1f3a-40ee-8434-e5049aee38da/f91a844d-1f3a-40ee-8434-e5049aee38da.json

Here is a screenshot as it appears in my game:

And here is a screenshot of the messages as they appear in Keepy Up:

What is causing these messages to appear? They ONLY appear on Firefox (version 93.0). None of the other browsers (Edge, Safari, Chrome) are getting these messages.

There also seems to be performance issues ONLY on Firefox, and I’m not sure if this is related. On other browsers the game works as expected 100% of the time, but on Firefox lately it works as expected about 50% of the time, where even the little mini debug box is missing information.

Mini-stats box in Edge (running smoothly and with all info):
edgestats

Mini-stats box in Firefox (running badly and box seems to be missing GPU):
firefoxstats

Again, not sure if it’s related to the messages being logged to the console, or two issues that just happen to be caused by Firefox for some reason. I know that Firefox has made updates recently, so not sure if there is something in its updates that’s causing issues.

Thanks for any insights!

Update: Info messages posted above are DEFINITELY caused by Firefox version 93.0, as I downgraded Firefox to version 92.0 and everything is all good and happy. Also, the issue extends to the editor as well.

we depend on the EXT_disjoint_timer_query extension, and Firefox does not support it (at least not my version), and so we cannot report gpu timing.

Compare webglreport.com for chrome vs firefox to see the extension support.

Ah cool cool!
Luckily that’s the least of my worries, just wondered if it was related.

It seems my main issue (the strange info messages) are definitely caused by Firefox 93.0, as I downgraded to version 92.0 and I’m not having any issues there.

1 Like