Sticks N stones | Survival game [Beta]

We now have a discord server.

Update 1.0 releasing tomorrow! Joing the server and help us build a community. (We have to delay the update release to ensure it is not rushed. Hopefully you understand.)

Version 1.0 is OUT now!

We have added mushrooms that are edible, day and night cycle, updated health and hunger bars, added infinite seeded generation of worlds, and some simple biomes, as well as in settings seed display and x/z seed displays for player world position, we have also added daylight tweening for smooth lighting, and sunsets dimming same for sunrises. Please check the game out here.

I promise I didn’t steal my idea from you (Great inventory btw)

1 Like

Lol, I would be proud if my game brings any inspiration for any projects, I wanted to create a fun and explorable world, and I think I am well on my way to do so, of course I probably will not stop updating for as long as I live lol.

1 Like

UPDATE:

Mobs and biomes version 1.6 (yes it is already V 1.6, time flies)

Mobs: We have mobs set up and mostly working (rotations are iffy, but that is to be expected for the beta MobAI’s) Mobs such as the cows will have sounds, so cows can go moo.

Biomes: we will be addings a better cluster function for better biomes (instead of the randomness we have now) which mobs will spawn specific to their biome. with the new biomes we will be adding a few new consumables, eg cacti fruit, and a few new plants, like the greenshroom. (warning: the greenshroom has some “effects” on how you precive the world for about half of a day or so)

Update 1.7 is out.

Next update is 1.8

“Items & crafting”

Description:

Here I will update the crafting system, placement of building/construction items, add more items, and try to update how items are handled to make the game run smoother, an possibly add item sway while holding items.

dang ur progressing faster than me

1 Like

I try to at least update and release updates every 2 days. I did just finish scale-able crafting using JSON, and my own player controller with camera bob and item bob.

damn, I just finished crafting and displaying the item your holding with json, I’m still working on a way to get offsets so it looks like you are holding things correctly

1 Like

You could have each item from the JSON map to an entity with a script using the item then findByName, then using that you could create an “offset entity” of sorts that will parent your render so the render could be moved up/down to your needs. (having a position entity child to the player camera then moving the offset entity containing the render should work)

This is very major update, I am working on adding more structures for building, walls re-added, items like axes, swords, pickaxes have been added which can break certain resources faster, hunger depleted when sprinting.

I have had a scripts for ships and planes (which also doubles to work for vehicles) for a while, and I thought I might add it to the game for airplanes and maybe some cars later on. The movement is pretty smooth, but the only issue is that it doesn’t generate chunks while flying in the plane. But this won’t be added for some time, I need to do bug fixes and so on. For now only admin members can spawn and use a plane as well as a few other secret items.