Sprite Features awesome, but maybe some 2d collision? and normal map support!

I LOVE THE NEW SPRITE FEATURES! You guys rocked it!

But what could set you guys a part is some awesome 2d collision and Normal Maps.

The 2d collision could be very much what you see in many other 2d engines like construct or unity where you can basically create something like this>>>

Or This>>>

Obviously you can use the 3d colliders, or make your own outside of the engine, but it could be great to have this feature built in!

But what TRULY would dominate this space is an epic implementation of your awesome 3d engine with the 2d engine! And take advantage of things like normal maps with apps like Sprite Lamp to make things like this >>>

Because right now you can only use just one material and it’s flat.

Ofcourse I can still do this, since I did those tests you see above in your engine, and used a custom script to create the sprite sheets, but it would be amazing if it was a feature.

Either way thanks for the epicness and hope to hear from you all soon :smiley:

Have you looked at Will’s p2.js integration? No GUI for it but it should be more performant than ammo.js. https://playcanvas.com/project/446127/overview/p2js-integration

Sweet i’ll take a look!

It would be cool still to have a built in 2d thing :slight_smile:

here is a link to a project where the light affect gifs are showcased better btw. I may revisit this thing too lol was ambitious and I was super duper noob, I’m much better now though :wink: so we’ll see :slight_smile: