Some questions about PlayCanvas

Hi,

I have some problems in my project that are making my project frozen.
I know there are many questions but I would get pleased if someone could help me :smile:

1) Is it possible to access a model hierarchy? I know that by code I can access them, but I need to disable some of them also, and maybe changing their particular materials.

2) Is it possible to move colliders when a model animation is being executed? Imported animations and models doest not get colliders animated when running.

3) Does PlayCanvas have a way to make scene transitions? Or do I need to remove all items in the scene manually and then load the new scene entities to root?

4) I am not able to add words containing accents in HTML files. Once my target language is portuguese, I really need to have accents is these files. If I try to save something with accent, I get this error: ā€œError while saving: ā€˜asciiā€™ codec canā€™t encode character XXX in position XXX: ordinal not in range(128)ā€.

5) Once the project is getting big, is there a way to organize things in folders?

6) Internet sometimes is not so good here. So, is there a way I can host PlayCanvas fully offline, including the Editor?

Thanks! :wink:

1. Models have an array of mesh instances (pc.MeshInstance). There isnā€™t an official way to disable/hide an individual mesh instance, but this should work:

function disableMeshInstance(meshInstance) {
    var index = app.scene.drawCalls.indexOf(meshInstance);
    if (index !== -1) {
    app.scene.drawCalls.splice(index, 1);
    }
    }

To change the material, just do:

meshInstance.material  = myMaterial;
  1. You would only be able to do this in script, programatically creating entities with collision components and adding them as children of whatever nodes in the modelā€™s hierarchy you want.

2. Check out this and this.

3. I suspect this is a bug - Iā€™ve logged it for you.

4. Asset folders should be deployed in the next week. Howā€™s that for service? :wink:

5. No, you cannot use the Editor offline.

Hi @Adilsonxds,

I wanted to let you know that this is now fixed. Thanks for letting us know :sunny: