[Solved] Publishing problems

I have been trying to publish my game, but the loading sign is just spinning and spinning, when i reload the page it shows a error sign. The tooltip of the error sign says: “Failed to copy export to app directory [‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character u’\xe4’ in position 42: ordinal not in range(128)]”. Is it because of my code och Playcanvas system?

Here is the project. PlayCanvas 3D HTML5 Game Engine
Thank you.

Hey there,

We are looking at this issue at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience

Just looked at your project, and noticed you use Box for all flat objects.
If you switch to Plane primitive, it will be more optimal, and will remove some pixels drawn on edges like for small orange object.

We seem to have a bug regarding assets with unicode filenames. It seems that the asset ‘Mötande bil.png’ is causing the problem. Could you rename it to something that does not have accented characters for now? We’re trying to fix the problem but it’s taking some time.

If you have any other assets with accented characters try using just plain latin.

Thank you, saved my day

Thank you, i will look in to that!

I removed all the “åäö”-characters in the project, same problem.
i added “åäö”-characters to a project that can be published, and it still work after i added the characters. I will continue the search for the bug.

Another thing you can try is to rename the assets that have characters like that and re-upload them. So if it’s a texture or an fbx file etc, rename it on your computer first and then upload it to PlayCanvas.

removing files and uploading again work. The game can now be published

1 Like

Hey just wanted to let you know that the bug should now be fixed so you should be able to use assets with accented characters if you want. Let us know if you have any problems.