[SOLVED] Multiplayer no longer works, even after reverting changes

Hey, so my multiplayer was working completely fine earlier, I made changes to the socket script and the project itself and it broke it, so I undid the changes. Although I undid all changes from today (It worked before today’s edits), it still doesn’t work. Can someone take a look at it for me?
Project: PlayCanvas 3D HTML5 Game Engine
Socket: Glitch :・゚✧

1 Like

Hi @Cryptonaph can i see your project please?

Yes, I linked it under the first post.

did you use the playcanvas live multiplayer tutorial?

I think the only issue is that you don’t have the network script in your root entity in the game. If you used the tutorial this is most likely the problem.

I do have the network script under the root entity.

I think i see the issue. In your “Other entity” There is no render to tell how the other player should look.

There is a render to show how the player looks. There isn’t a player added nor collision.

I think I may know the problem, I don’t think that it is sending your player to the server, but I don’t know how I would fix that. (network.js)

Also, an emphasis, this WAS working, it randomly stopped working and I can’t get it to work again. I reverted all changes made today on the glitch.me script and reverted all changes on the PlayCanvas project, and it didn’t work, which makes no sense because other than that nothing should be broken

I’m debating just giving up on my project. This project is practically just the multiplayer template guide but you move a different way. The glitch.me script is exactly the same in both projects, and there should be no reason for the players to not be sending to the server, but they aren’t. I’ve tried literally everything that I feel could fix it, and in reality it would, but unfortunately for me it doesn’t want to cooperate.

I’ve determined that it is not the project files, it is the glitch.me script. Although it is AN EXACT COPY of the multiplayer script, it doesn’t send to my server at all.

I fixed it. I don’t know how but I fixed it.

Good job!