[SOLVED] Exporting correctly fails

Here are my scenes before exporting a project:

[I have tried to merge the branches, without luck - the same still happens]

Exporting only exports the master branch. Are you comparing against the correct branch in the original project?

I have a branch which I am currently working on, and then I have a ‘master’ branch. Thus, I have tried to merge the two, in order to export. My current project has become ‘heavy’ datawise, so I want to mirror it in such a way, that I can cut of at lot of assets in the duplicate one, preserving all my settings/work on the backup.

Now I find myself helpless in regards to do this backup procedure … after the merge I am not able to rename my current branch to ‘master’ (or likewise make it the new master, that can then be exported)?

From the dashboard, you can only export the master branch.

If you need to export a specific branch, currently the only way is via the REST API Projects - Archive project | Learn PlayCanvas where it has a branch option.

The REST API tools I’ve written here can help with that: GitHub - playcanvas/playcanvas-rest-api-tools: A set of tools to use with the PlayCanvas REST API for common jobs such as downloading a build and archiving a project

I’m not sure what you’ve done so far, but you can 'undo a merge by deleting the merge checkpoint using hard reset: Checkpoints | Learn PlayCanvas

Just be careful that you are deleting the right checkpoints as this is an IRREVERSIBLE operation.

Ok, thanks - we might have visited this earlier (where You helped me with another specific project and a link with export … or might be a de ja vu ‘black cat’ - kind of ‘me remembering wrong’).
Anyways I might copy-paste my most relevant things into a new project to be sure.

IIRC, you wanted to export all your branches and I added an option to the tool to do so GitHub - playcanvas/playcanvas-rest-api-tools: A set of tools to use with the PlayCanvas REST API for common jobs such as downloading a build and archiving a project