[SOLVED] Cubemap Skybox colors as blown out

https://playcanvas.com/editor/scene/929407

I’m not doing any fancy coding, just imported six images, made cubemap, and dragged them into my skybox.

However, as you can see in the attached image and linked project, the resulting skybox is blown out, almost entirely white, in both the upper-right review window and in the scene itself. This happens with these images (JPG), as well as others (PNG) I have tried. I have deleted and recreated the Prefiltered Data a few times, but that seems to make no difference.

I searched the forums, and it looks like people had a similar issue with HDR photos back in 2018, but that issue was marked as a bug and resolved, and these aren’t HDR photos, just images generated in Photoshop. So this may be a different issue?

SOLVED! Apparently resizing the images from 1024 to 512 fixed the problem!

1 Like

…Though, weirdly, the “ceiling” of the skybox is still blown out. When I sub in any other image, it works fine, but for some reason this image always becomes just a white square…

@slimbuck Can you help with this please? :slight_smile:

Just set skybox intensity to 1.0 in the rendering inspector panel.

2 Likes

This has happened to me a few times. All I had to do was refresh the editor tab. Don’t forget to make sure the rendering intensity is set to 1.

Awesome, thanks! I remember having a hard time finding that place when I want to de-blur the skybox in the FPS example project way back when, and it didn’t occur to me to check there in this case! Worked perfectly.