[SOLVED] Can't able to attach particle effect to bone

Hey! I am trying to attach the particle effect but having an issue in attaching it. The particle effect gets attached to the entity instead of attaching to the bones and as a result it remains on the same place when animations starts.

I used following way to attach particle effect to bone:

Here is my public project: https://playcanvas.com/editor/scene/941959

Note: Use T for attack

Hi @saif,

It’s not the particle effect the issue in your case. I gave it a try and I was unable to get any regular entity attached and translated by the bone movement.

Debugging the bone nodes to see their active position it seems it’s always 0,0,0 for some reason. I’ve double checked if it’s a bug but it seems to be working fine with other models.

Here is the Playcanvas animation blending example project, launch it and paste the following code in the console:

var box = new pc.Entity('cube');
        box.addComponent('model', {
            type: 'box'
        });
	box.setLocalScale(30, 30, 30);
        pc.app.root.findByName('MaleBaseMesh:Hips').addChild(box);

You will see a cube getting translated with the bone movement. I’d say try submitting an issue about it in the engine repo.

2 Likes

Ok will report this issue. Thanks for giving it a try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t think it’s a bug with the engine. Looking at the graph:

bot_hand_R06 is attached directly to the RootNode which is weird.

I attached the hit1 entity to Bip01 R Hand (full path Root/player1/RootNode/Root_Bone/Bip01/Bip01 Pelvis/Bip01 Spine/Bip01 Neck/Bip01 R Clavicle/Bip01 R UpperArm/Bip01 R Forearm/Bip01 R Hand)

And it animates fine:

20201006-2211

3 Likes

Thank you so much @yaustar for resolving the issue. Also how do you get the whole children graph?
By console.log(this.player.model)? Or anything Else?

I’ve got a set of personal devtools to help debug these issues: https://github.com/yaustar/yaustar.github.io/tree/master/playcanvas-devtools

1 Like