[SOLVED] Animation messed up when imported in editor but works in gltf viewer

I have a problem where a .glb file with animations is messed up when imported in the playcanvas editor (twisted bones) but works fine in the gltf viewer or imported via runtime gltf importer. Any ideas what could be the problem?
Unfortunately it is a paid asset, so I’m unable to share a project with the asset included and could only provide a video of the issue.

PIng @slimbuck

Hi @Adolar13 ,

Could you provide a cut-down repro? Withput a repro its practically impossible to investigate unfortunately.

Thanks

I’ll try exporting the rig and animation without the model and will get back here.

1 Like

Hey @slimbuck,
Here is a simplified model with rig and broken animation:
https://playcanvas.com/project/1158136/overview/glb-rigging-issue

And here the Animation in the gltf viewer with correct animation:

The animation assigned in the project is the Sad animation.

1 Like

Hey, just wanted to follow up on this and see if you could have a look at the issue. Is it a bug? Should I file an issue on github?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

@slimbuck

1 Like

Hi @Adolar13 ,

I’m seeing this too (thanks so much for the repro!!) and it looks like an issue in the editor asset import.

Sorry it’s taking so long, I will try investigate this this week.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @slimbuck,
Sorry to do another follow up, but we can’t update our game via the playcanvas editor if this issue persists.

Paul

One option till this is resolved is to download the animation at runtime.

You mean the whole .glb or just the animation? I guess it depends if the issue originates in the animation import or the rig import. It might be worth a try importing the model at editor time and add the animation at runtime. :thinking:
The current live version is indeed using a glb import at runtime and works fine, however we developed the project further with other scenes and refactored and extended code to use editor time import with additional features. We now wanted to update the older scene to the new workflow and noticed the issue, so we would need to rewrite quite a bit of code or split the code base to include the old code.

1 Like

Hi @Adolar13,

I finally had time to investigate this issue today and managed to find the cause.

Thanks so much for providing the repro. I’ll have a fix tomorrow after which we’ll release asap.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi @Adolar13,

This fix has been released. Please give it a go!

Thanks