[SOLVED] Alpha Problem

The alpha channel is really a problem, when you view it from the editor, everything works OK, but when it is compiled, it shows errors. I have many previous projects that I maintain, which require correcting this problem one by one if it needs to be compiled again. Aren’t you going to fix this?

From the editor (this is the correct version)

if it compiles

It looks like a result of a transparent canvas? Check this answer:

Hello LeXXik, we know what the problem is and what the solution is, we have to go from Alpha to Premultiplied Alpha, but that is an error by the editor, something has changed, now what used to go OK, now goes wrong. And it is also an error that the Editor shows it OK, and when it is compiled it goes wrong

I wonder if this is an issue with the canvas styling or config that is passed into the engine in the published build :thinking: What would be the easiest way to reproduce the issue?

I’ll see if I can send you a project here with the problem, I’ll do it later.

A blank project with a single material affecting the build would be enough.

I’ve helped to find the issue for the PlayCanvas team Published builds always have transparent canvas enabled when the gfx device is created · Issue #1138 · playcanvas/editor · GitHub

In the short term, if you are self hosting, you can ‘fix’ this by editing the __start__js. in the way mentioned in the ticket at the end

1 Like

Thanks!

Hello! Ive created a fix for this and it should be out next release.

1 Like

Thanks!

The fix is deployed, @MLB. Can you try it out and let us know if you are still experiencing any problems please?