[SOLVED] Access to our Playcanvas project without publishing?

Hi, I want to know if there is a way to show to our clients a Playcanvas project in development without publishing it (and force them to log in).

Precisely, I want to be able to play with the editor (changing textures, moving things around) while my client is watching this live in the play mode. Actually, my client needs to log in with an account within our organization to be able to do that.

Is there an easier way to achieve that without publishing each time or exporting the project to our server? Maybe an API key in our front-end code to access it via an iframe of something like that?

Thank you for your responses.

I think that isn’t possible right now, since the launch window opens a realtime connection to the server, to watch for changes to the DB.

But I think it’s a valid request, I’ve been finding this feature extremely useful when delivering prototypes to clients.

Maybe something for @will @vaios to considedr?

Sounds like a screen share would be a better solution here unless they need to play as well?

Do they explicitly need access to the launch tab? Seats aren’t taken for read only users on a project IIRC. You can create a ‘guest’ account and give them the details to login.

2 Likes

Sounds like a screen share would be a better solution here unless they need to play as well?

Yeah, in my case they need to play with it.

You can create a ‘guest’ account and give them the details to login.

Oh! I didn’t remember about guest account :sweat_smile:. Can you confirm me that a guess account can be within or linked with my organization account? I want them be able to play with a project that is not published yet (so I guess this guest account need to be linked with the organization).

AFAIK, you can add any user to a project (even private) as read only without taking a seat. They do not need to be linked to the ORG account and they will only have access to that particular project.

Edit: No, I was wrong. If it is a private project, it will take a seat :frowning: Sorry.

1 Like

Thank you for answer :slight_smile: