Skybox Disappears Everytime I leave Playcanvas

why is my skybox always disappearing everytime I leave the game

here’s my game: PlayCanvas | HTML5 Game Engine

If your skybox disappears every time you leave PlayCanvas, it’s likely because you haven’t saved your changes to the project. PlayCanvas is a cloud-based platform, which means that your project is stored online and changes you make are saved to the cloud in real time.

To ensure that your changes to the skybox are saved, make sure to save your project before leaving PlayCanvas. To do this, click on the “Save” button in the top right corner of the editor, or use the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+S” (Windows) or “Cmd+S” (Mac).

If you have already saved your changes and the skybox is still disappearing, it could be due to an issue with your code or settings. Double-check your project’s code and settings to ensure that the skybox is properly configured and that there are no errors in your code that could be causing it to disappear.

If you’re still having trouble, you can try reaching out to the PlayCanvas community for help or contacting their support team.

Is that a ChatGPT’s answer? It very much sounds like it. :smile:

1 Like

I do not trust ChatGPT to come up with valid answers for Playcanvas. Trust me I tried when I was a beginner.

Seems like most of your answers(history) are ChatGPT based. :laughing:

1 Like

ChatGPT is an AI bot that is not able to generate code or provide solutions to difficult coding errors. However it can design stuff like websites and code HTML, Playcanvas uses Javascript

@Pixels I double checked the project. I see you have created a skybox under one of the New Folder folders. When I go to the settings of the project I see the following.

There does not seem to be a skybox selected here.

Looks like you have one built however it looks very dark

You can drag and drop it into the asset and you should see it appear. So is your problem that you do this and it goes away from the rendering? Or?

1 Like

I’ve updated the skyboxes/cubemaps with prefiltered data and thumbnails. This should make things a lot easier

2 Likes