I’m currently working on a simple project for GDC (it’s private for now so I won’t post a link to it), and for some reason, when I’m saving a script it sometimes gets stuck in a “saving” state indefinitely.
Then, when I’ll launch the game, sometimes I get the old version of the script, sometimes the updated version… am I doing something wrong? Even when I’m using a “hard reload” in chrome I still get the old version of the script.
I’m not sure, I stopped using that project hoping it would go faster in a new one since I couldn’t figure out why the scripts were not reloading.
Now I just got back to work on it a bit, and I had the editor stuck in a “saving” state again (that’s similar to what first started happening with my other project. The orange progress bar is still active under the file name, the status bar says “Saving”, but both the console and network panels are clear
It looks like you have restored session after a computer sleep or something, which usually breaks socket connections.
But IDE didn’t pick up disconnected sockets correctly, which leads to state where it thinks it is connected, but it is not.