I’m really excited to announce the release of Blend! a free animation library for PlayCanvas. I know I’ve had problems with animations and I see a lot of questions on here too. I’ve got a project on the go that can’t wait for PlayCanvas animations 2.0 so I’ve built my take on blending trees and motion control.
Version 1.0.1 can be downloaded from here
Blend! includes the following headline features:
- Animate your walking and running animations automatically - you move the character directly and Blend! works out the necessary animations to play from the list you provide it. Includes both walking/running/strafing and turning.
- Foot placement control - a configurable system for ensuring a characters feet do not slide during animation.
- Supports playing animations that are packed into a single file and normal split animations
- Play multiple animations at once with layering and weights to get exactly the blend you prefer
- Control the parts of the rig that the animations play on with simple “glob” filters or user defined functions
- Loop / Play Once / Play & Hold modes for animations
- Easy event system, Promises and “action point” definition to trigger actions at a critical moments in your animations
- Procedural blends like Gun Hand targeting and Hit Reaction
- Fully extensible - why not build your own blends?
- All configuration through the PlayCanvas Editor (or your own code)
- Super simple to install - just drop one file into your project!
##Information and documentation##
PlayCanvas demo here: https://playcanvas.com/project/503148/overview/blend-demo
- Warnings for out of range animation frames
- Warnings for bones incorrectly mapped to feet