Raspberry PI Video and an air hockey table

Hello All,

I am working on a little personal project that involves ir break beam sensors / led lights / 7 in screens and a air hockey table :slight_smile:

I have it all running through a raspberry pi 4. In playcanvas i can turn on an off the leds and have the input sensors changing things in the scene as well.

what i would like to do is display some videos when a player scores / player loses / time ran out ect. Something like

previous for video in PC i have used the video texture tutorials. But I have a couple of questions.

How should i go about changing the video. Say i have Video A and now i want Video B to play.
Do i need to do var video = document.createElement(β€˜video’); and created one for each video to switch?

Is it better to create one video that has all the videos combine and i just jump in the timeline to play the one i want?

Since these will all be 8 bit style animations would it be better / more performant to use sprite sheets?

because this is on a Pi it needs to be as performant as possible.

How should i go about changing the video. Say i have Video A and now i want Video B to play.

I would remove the existing video DOM and add a new DOM for the next video. Then you would also have to update the texture source to be referencing the new video as well.

Since these will all be 8 bit style animations would it be better / more performant to use sprite sheets?

Performant, yes probably due to the lack of video decoding hardware on the Pi but will take up VRAM pending on the size and length of the animations.

Did you ever finish this project? I wanna do something similar