Sure! :beers:

1 Like

wow you have made some crazy things

I don’t do the modeling; only logic. But thanks :slight_smile:

Anyone need a simple FOVZoomScript ?

Trying out Camera movements:

Still working on that Chromakey :beers:

1 Like

I wanted a blurry logo on an old TV screen. The process of getting there was kinda fun:

Started out with a simple logo:
tv

First I uploaded the logo to https://photomosh.com/ where you can create GIFs with awesome effects.

I used Bad TV and RGB Shift

Output:
MOSHED-2020-11-1-12-18-24

Next, I search on Turbosquid to find a suitable TV set. Found the one from the Videotextures Tutorial and went with it :slight_smile:
https://www.turbosquid.com/de/3d-models/free-c4d-model-retro-tv/815392

Following the Video Textures Tutorial I attached the videotextures script and set the ScreenMirror Material of the model as the target texture.

Since this approach does not work with GIFs I searched the Forums and found @will 's GIF to MP4 Conversion suggestion. Works like a charm.

The only downside was a chrome error since there isn’t any audio track included:
2020-11-01 11_30_43-Window

Found a suitable tv noise sound effect on www.soundjay.com.
You can add an audio track to an MP4 file with a nifty tool called MP4Box:

MP4Box -add tv-static-01.mp3 myvid.mp4

Slight adjustments to the tiling of the vidtexture:
And added an outward-facing spotlight.

bullshitery4
And that was basically it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Realtime rendered by PlayCanvas
5 Likes

typewriterTAPCOOTW

Bullshitting around with a typing game idea :beers: :rocket:

1 Like
4 Likes

So if I understand the concept correctly you have to type the name as fast as you can? :yum:

Yeah it’s a typing of the dead style of game. Let’s see if it survives the prototyping (lel) phase :laughing:

1 Like

I get nervous just thinking about such a game. :laughing:

:beers:

3 Likes

Not pretty but procedural :green_heart:

5 Likes

Hahaha I loved all of the House of the Deads and the even cheesier spin-off Typing of the Dead! Very nice work!

2 Likes

Think I am gonna trade the 3D Walls with 2D ones. Looks more cheesy :cheese:

1 Like

1 Like

Swimming cubes, almost good…

4 Likes

@iso74 The water effect is very nice! Also @Sebastian I agree, I do really like those walls better!

We’ve pretty much finished our Animal Crossing + Movie Player app! The networking is pretty solid and although I’ll admit the 3D UI doesn’t look very pretty, it gets the job done and even works on mobile!

Next up I made a quick start to a fighting game for a game jam due in 2 weeks, so I’m going to be using all the networking stuff I learned in this project for that:

My brother wants to test out a custom compiler for Unity, so I’m going to be doing this one alone. Will keep you all updated, and I look forward to seeing more from all of you!

5 Likes

Testing some map mechanics. Trying to keep the level generation as simple as possible :slight_smile:

2 Likes