PlayCanvas hosting limitation

hey guys,

Just wondering.

If I keep my client experience hosted on playcanvas, what are the limitations?

Lets say that I make a successful commercial project that is drawing 100000 user / hour? What will happen?

Thanks!

Mykel

No official limitations although we don’t have a CDN and there’s the added risk that if our services go down for whatever reason, so does your player experience.

For something like 100000 user / hour, we do recommend self hosting.

2 Likes

Thanks for coming back to me, so I received a bunch of questions from my front end developper regarding leaving our client experience on playcanvas hosting.

1. Can it handle around 10k visitors a day?
  2. You guys dont have a CDN setup, would it be possible to link our own (ex cloudfront)?
  3. Is it possible to have a custom domain for our app? (remove the Playcanvas domain and have our own)
  4. Do you provide a service for that?
  5. If not, do you provide nameservers that we could use in our GoDaddy settings for example?

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Mykel

for my playcanvas projects i host them through an amazon S3 bucket with cloudfront.

1 Like

For points 2-5, unfortunately no.

For 1, I would need to check what volume we are handling at the moment on the apps side and team.

1 Like

I just looked at our current load for playcanv.as hosted apps and it should handle this. I can’t give that as a guarantee but we are currently far exceeding that at the moment.

1 Like