My experience works in PlayCanvas editor launch but when I build and publish it becomes blank with only the UI visible

So I’m not great at writing code but I notice when I remove the UI it seems to not appear blank.

here’s a link to the published one r1 config 3 - PLAYCANVAS
here’s a link to the editor. can anyone tell me what I’ve done wrong? PlayCanvas 3D HTML5 Game Engine

Hi @MiracleOtugo and welcome!

It look like the canvas that is created for your UI, is in front of the PlayCanvas canvas or something like that.

Below an example project where some HTLML/CSS UI elements are created. Maybe it can help you.

https://developer.playcanvas.com/en/tutorials/htmlcss-ui/

1 Like

You need to fix the errors that are shown when you launch the scene from the Editor

In the Editor, all the script files are loaded individually so an error in one will only stop the rest of that file from executing

When it is built and published, all the scripts are built to a single JS file by default so an error will stop the whole file from executing.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply, I’m not sure I understand what this error means: “Shader [Shader Id 13 LitShader-forward-proc] requires texture sampler [uSceneColorMap] which has not been set, while rendering [Pass:RenderPassRenderActions | Camera | World(TRANSP) | Node: camera glass back | camera glass back]”

It seems a mentioned mesh is using refraction texture, and so this needs to be enabled on the camera - enable the Color Grabpass on your Camera.

alright thanks

The bug you need to fix is this one

Here’s a fixed version: PlayCanvas 3D HTML5 Game Engine