Loading specific scene at startup

Hey guys,

I’m using playcanvas to prototype out an interactive product viewer / configurator for a client of mine. I’m just wondering about the best approach to tackle my requirements which are:

• I need to be able to view several products (like 20+) one at a time (as in one product per scene)

• I would like to be able to have one scene per product, as this is easier to tweak stuff in the editor as opposed to through code

• I will be embedding the player as an iframe on an existing webpage

My question is: what is the best way for me to publish my project to achieve this. As I see it, my options are:

1. Publish one build, with all scenes in it, including one blank scene. When I load a product, it loads the blank scene then switches to the correct product scene

2. Publish one build per product then just load the right build when I load a product

3. Publish one build, with one scene then dynamically load and display the assets as needed for each product (This would make it harder to do specific stuff for each scene though)

Is there a way to embed an iframe that loads a specific scene (something like www.playcanv.as/p/e/[project_build]/[scene_to_load]/ ???

Does anyone have thoughts on these approaches… or perhaps a different approach that I haven’t thought of yet?

Thanks…

Will all products be viewable on the same URL? If not, option 2 probably be easiest, otherwise option 1 but remember to untick preload. This means the load won’t attempt to load the asset and you can either load it ahead of time yourself or it will auto load when an entity or another resource is dependent on it.