Keep object from going through the floor

Ok so i am bored and made this little thing (game) but i cant seem to keep the gun from going through the floor when you look down:

I just cant seem to prevent the weapon from going through the walls and floors :frowning:

Normally, the way to do this is to render the gun last (on a separate layer) and have the gun materials not test or write to the Z buffer. That way, it will render on top of everything that has already been rendered to the buffer.

1 Like

how do i do that? im not quite understanding that part…

you might wanna try a collision depending on the rigidbody check if it’s static or dynamic that probably could help

i have tried that still didnt work

hmm probably has something to do an collision on a certain or object or with where the gun is located in the root

Sorry to revive this dinosaur topic. This is the only similar topic that I found unfortunately.

Having trouble figuring this out also. Is there any documentation for this by any chance? I examined the API Reference for Layer but kind of ran into a wall of how to implement this.

What I did was add a new layer for the gun and added the sub layer at the end of the render order list. Then what I did was remove the world layer from the gun model and only add the new layer onto it following some unity examples. Since the unity examples add a secondary camera and make changes to depth and culling I got stuck trying to apply this on Playcanvas. Would there be a guide on how to achieve this?

Currently there is no guide for this but it’s possible via the same method of using two cameras

Example: https://playcanvas.com/project/820368/overview/gun-clip-on-top

The important part is to ensure the weapons camera is clearing the depth buffer (so it can render on top) but not clearing the color buffer.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Noob question: I tried it myself but the light does not render on the gun model. How can I fix this?

Oops. Forgot that this project has IBL from the cubemap.

Add the weapons layer to the light

2 Likes