In Editor Animation tool!

Ok so I was thinking about how cool it would be to have a Animation tool just like in unity.
I wouldn’t say it has to be top tier just like the animation tool in unity.

So are some suggestions I would say the editor should have:

• Easy controls

• Animation timelone tool

• A easy to use UI system

• A feature where your able to record,stop,replay,&go back or go forwards

• Easy way to publish a video (it’s able to save to your computer,or save to the cloud in the editor)

5 Likes

This would really be great.

@Marquise_Edwards, want to build an extension for this? @leonidas your help as an expert would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the invitation! This is a project of a great scope to build, both the animation tools and the live recording.

I don’t have the time to take part in, but if you have any questions on how to use PlayCanvas to build something like that, do post on the forum. I would be happy to answer to the best of my knowledge.

First this would be amazing to do,But 2nd I’m a busy person lol especially with school and out of school stuff.But I would love to take some part in a project like this.

I would have alot of questions about this project.So I would most likely ask alot of questions about this project

Thanks @Leonidas! I will definitely ask you if I have any doubts.

That’s fine. Would be great to work with you if you can make time.

1 Like

Hello, i was about to post the same idea since i realized that importing a lot of models with animations and delete the unuseful ones just to keep the animation is time expensive (and also space) So to be able to combine bvh or bip files with skeletons would be great.

1 Like

At the moment, @Elliott and @slimbuck are working on some pretty awesome new animation technology in PlayCanvas. The runtime elements of this have already started to be rolled out to the engine (but with non-public API for now). Keep an eye out for lots of great new animation features arriving sooooon. :smile:

6 Likes

That’s amazing @will! It’d be great to use this.

1 Like