I need help for a jumping script maybe a tutorial

iv’e tried multiple codes but they don’t work.

Hi @genre! What kind of game do you make? Third person or first person? Dynamic rigidbody or kinematic rigidbody?

Hi @genre,

You can check out this thread on how to make a character jump - How can I make my character jump?

im making a first person game iv’e handled at least walking and respawn if i fall off the map, im new to coding so im wondering on multiple things like running, jumping, sliding and gun models\codes iv’e spent at least 3 days on the walking.

Very good! If you use a dynamic rigidbody for your character, the way @DevilZ shared above can help you.

yes i did use dynamic rigidbody

ask him to help me?

because i looked at the thread but i didn’t really understand the code and i dont known how to do that kind.

Can you share your project please, then I can try to assist you.

https://playcanvas.com/editor/project/835736

You can try to add the code below inside the update function of your firstPersonMovement script. You can adjust the force value to get the right result.

var force = 500;
    if (this.app.keyboard.wasPressed(pc.KEY_SPACE)) {
        this.entity.rigidbody.applyImpulse(0, force, 0);
    }

did i add it right? @Albertos

like i said im new to coding iv’e started learning 1 week ago

You did it right. You just have to save your script to apply the changes.

i saved it but i cant jump or is my force wrong?

I see there is already a force variable defined. So we have to change the name of the variable. The current force can also a little higher I guess.

var jumpForce = 1000;
    if (this.app.keyboard.wasPressed(pc.KEY_SPACE)) {
        this.entity.rigidbody.applyImpulse(0, jumpForce, 0);
    }

@Albertos

Yes, that’s right, but I think you accidentally deleted the line below from the original script, so you need to place it back.

var force = this.force;

ok it worked but do u know how to make it not infinite jump.

yeah i think i messed it up because its falling slowly and jumping infinintly.