i am making an fps game but the ground textures are have noticeable repetition. Any way to hide this?
You have to search for a seamless texture.
Can you show te result please?
Sorry, I’m on mobile at the moment.
While this texture is mostly seamless, there are enough distinct artifacts in it (specifically the clover on the right side) that if you repeat it enough then the repetition will become apparent. Unfortunately, this is not an issue with Playcanvas. You will need to keep trying different seamless grass textures until you find one that you like.
Here is a decent set from a free resource to get you started:
other common way to improve this is to use detail texture with different repeat frequency
07:14PM - 04 Apr 20 UTC
PR includes adds the following properties to `pc.StandardMaterial
… ` with full documentation:
- `diffuseDetailMap` (texture)
- `diffuseDetailMapChannel` ("rgb", "r", "g", "b", "a")
- `diffuseDetailMapUv` (number)
- `diffuseDetailMapTiling` (vec2)
- `diffuseDetailMapOffset` (vec2)
- `diffuseDetailMode` (`pc.DETAILMODE_*`)
- `normalDetailMap` (texture)
- `normalDetailMapTiling` (vec2)
- `normalDetailMapOffset` (vec2)
- `normalDetailMapUv` (number)
- `normalDetailMapBumpiness` (number)
All changes have been tested using a [public PlayCanvas project](https://playcanvas.com/project/671513/overview/detail-maps-test) (simply run it with and without the PR):
### With PR:
### Without PR:
I confirm I have signed the [Contributor License Agreement](https://docs.google.com/a/playcanvas.com/forms/d/1Ih69zQfJG-QDLIEpHr6CsaAs6fPORNOVnMv5nuo0cjk/viewform).
something like this