How I can animate my model

The model I got did not come with an animation. Is there a way I can add one or make my own?

PlayCanvas does not have a way to do this, but Blender is great free tool (not easy to use initially) to do this kind of work: Features — blender.org

2 Likes

I dont want to download anything thou

@Brent_Reddick I often use Mixamo to animate characters that I have found in free assets websites. You can upload an FBX or Obj of your characters to Mixamo. Depending on the file Mixamo will automatically rig it for you or you can go threw a few quick steps to rig yourself following their instructions. You can do all of this on the website without downloading anything.

To animate your model, you can follow these steps:

Choose an Animation Software: There are various animation software options available, both free and paid. Some popular choices include Blender, Autodesk Maya, Adobe Animate, and Toon Boom Harmony. Select the one that suits your needs and budget.

Learn the Animation Software: Familiarize yourself with the chosen animation software. Explore tutorials, documentation, and online resources to learn the basics and advanced techniques of the software.

Prepare your Model: If your model doesn’t come with an animation-ready rig, you’ll need to rig it yourself. Rigging involves creating a system of bones or control points that allow you to manipulate the model’s movements. This process can be complex, so you may want to consider learning from tutorials or seeking assistance from a professional rigging artist.

Create Keyframes: Keyframes define the important poses and positions of your model throughout the animation. You’ll need to set keyframes for different parts of your model to create movement. This can include moving the limbs, changing facial expressions, or any other desired actions.

Add Details and Effects: Depending on your animation requirements, you can add additional details, textures, lighting effects, particle effects, or other visual enhancements to make your animation more appealing and realistic.

Preview and Render: Use the animation software’s preview feature to review your animation and make any necessary adjustments. Once you’re satisfied with the result, you can render the final animation into a video file format suitable for your intended use (e.g., MP4, MOV).

Remember that animation can be a complex and time-consuming process that requires patience and practice. It’s essential to dedicate time to learning and experimenting with the animation software to achieve the desired results.